Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NightSaver Immersion.

Options
  • 16-08-2007 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a quick question, should you immersion in a goldshield home be on for the entire time it's off peak with the thermostats switching off the elements, my HORSTMANN E7 timer doesnt come one at 11pm when it goes off peak. Should it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

My Night Saver Immersion is on for half an hour during the early morning on Sink setting ..... If I needed more hot water it would be on bath setting and on a longer period but not the entire NS time ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

Thanks Hobie.

Does anyone know how to calculate how long it should take to heat a standard cylinder of water, The bog standard ones you would see in any older house. Not any of the new larger ones. Just a rough idea, currently my heating i setup to run four hours two of which are out side the night saver period. Genius who ever adjusted it before. So wondering is four a bit much for such a small cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you dont need it coming on for the whole time, they come preset to a range of 4 to 7 hours, if yours is running off peak for two hours either your clock is set wrong or someone has adjusted the cams in the back of the E7, this is an adjustment made at the back of the E7 with the front cover off.

I've included the instructions for adjusting the off peak levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

Hi Stoner,

Yes the cams are well wrong with this clock, i advanced the clock manually to see when it was set for, the reason i'm wondering is that now it is only heating the water for two hours and i'd like to know roughlt how long with will take to heat an entire tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

em a 135 L tank from ambient to 60 to 65 degrees just under 4 hours

• Advertisement
Advertisement