Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GTI Climate Control

Options
  • 16-08-2007 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I bought a 2003 GTI Golf lately and have noticed that the climate control doesn't seem to be working. Basically when turned on I don't get any cooler air into the car, just the same as if you turned on the air in a non-AC car. Anyone familiar with or know what kind of problems could be causing this, whether it may be expensive to rectify? With previous cars when I turned on the AC, the revs would jump up a little, not seeming the same here though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

First of all make sure you have the ECON switched off. When the ECON button is illuminated, the A/C compressor is turned off which leaves you with standard heating & ventilation.

If that's not the problem then the system may need to be regassed. If you do end up getting it regassed have it checked for leaks - just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

I wasn't sure so tried it with both ECON switched on and off. Both with the same effect. I'll have it checked out for gas. Thanks

Advertisement