Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2008 - Offside tweaked?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question - does anyone know if the Offside rule has been tweaked in PES 2008?

This drives me crazy in PES6 because the eagle eyed linesman calls offside for even if you are a fraction of a portion of a milimeter beyond the last defender. Most times you would say you're level (or the player is facing away from the goal).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I would like to see the linemen make mistakes in PES 2008 because it would add to the realism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Yeah me too, it's really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nailz wrote:
    I would like to see the linemen make mistakes in PES 2008 because it would add to the realism.
    Yeah - it would be great to see. But not if it happens against me :D

Some sort of leniency would definitely help the realism and flow of the game. I just hate it in PES 6 where play gets called back and it automatically shows you the replay of where you were offside and you can't see why it was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think they get it wrong actually - there has been many a time i have played a slide rule pass, when through on goal, to an attacker running behind my player - only for an offside to be called. You can't be offside if you are behind the ball and it is played sideways, right?

True - if you're playing the ball straight accross or slightly backwards you shouldn't be called offside even if your all beyond the last defender.

http://www.fifa.com/flash/lotg/football/en/Laws11_01.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't want mistakes. Normally it adds a bit of fun but to be honest, it's too short a game for that to even out like in real football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

It was confirmed afaik, that the linesman will make the odd mistake in the game to make it as realistic as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

They make mistakes anyway, has happened a number of times in PES 6.

I know they had Pierluigi Collina a few years back as a 'Licenced' Referee on the PS2 version.

If they're putting mistakes in, maybe they should get Rob Styles for this version ... ha ha. :p

(Oooh Controversial)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

There changing loads compared to the 360 version,you'll be able to choose how many in the wall,new throw in techniques and the ref and linesmen will make mistakes i hear

• Advertisement
Advertisement