Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i have a chance?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

hey
    i'm really worried about my cao points at the moment. My first choice was medicine in ucd, second choice med RCSI and then med NUIG. I got 570 yesterday but i'm in limbo from now until monday as im not sure if i get any one of my choices yet. Last yr med in ucd was 575*(*=random selection), RCSI was 570* and NUIG was also 570*. I was wondering are there any other ppl out there who are now in med somewhere who were in the same predicament as me when they did the leaving cert or who are unsure whether they got enough points this yr to secure them a place on a med course?
    I'm getting english and chemistry rechecked because i was extremely disappointed with the b1s i got in them and i'm definitely hoping eng goes up to an A1 which would deffo give me a place somewhere.
    Are there are ppl out there in the same boat as me or does anyone in Ucd have any success stories and finally do any of ya think i have a real chance with getting into one of em??

(btw i do have additional choices down after med so i will be going somewhere it's just my heart is set on med)

These are going to be a long three days...............................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

This won't really help you much but there were the lowest number of CAO applicants ever this year. This means that points may drop on certain courses.
    As i said, not much help to you except maybe to offer you a little extra hope.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

B-K-DzR wrote:
    This won't really help you much but there were the lowest number of CAO applicants ever this year. This means that points may drop on certain courses.
    As i said, not much help to you except maybe to offer you a little extra hope.

Good luck!
    I thought this year was the high for CAO applications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

good luck

I thought this year was the high for CAO applications?
    Positive it's the lowest ever, read it in a paper and my brother was subsequently delighted when i gave it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Positive it's the lowest ever, read it in a paper and my brother was subsequently delighted when i gave it to him.

I think that the low number of cao applicants has been counterbalanced by an increased number of international applicants

• Advertisement

Fair enough but i thought there were x amount set aside for cao applicants and x aside for international applicants?

Obviously i guess this ratio could be changed of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

according to the indo there were 4thousand more cao applicants than last year but this is in large part due to an increase in mature students applying.

the points are expected to stay the same in general. good luck

Advertisement