Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Floor In Bathroom

Options
  • 16-08-2007 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just wondering is a wood floor in a bathroom a good idea.Does anyone have it done. I rather like the thought stepping out from the shower on to wooden floors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

What kind of wooden floor. Solid, Semi Solid, Laminate????
    Timber floors in bathrooms is generally not recomended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭arghh

was thinking solid read somewhere that if there are sealed properly its not a problem.But reading something and getting someones expierence is two entirerly different areas of reality

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I cant see how you could seal any timber floor enough to stop water getting between the joints and into the expansion joints at the edges.

Timber floors and water just do not mix. You might be fine with just general use but the first leaky toilet or tap left running........bye, bye expensive solid timber floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭arghh

probally right I was kinda hoping that someone had done this. It would be a nice feeling to walk onto a warm surface. Did not install underfloor for various reasons so I was wishing this would be a option

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

You can get electric floor heating mats that are installed under tiles. Might be an option for that warm underfoot feeling.

Devimat or something like that is one brand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement