Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groups listing

• 16-08-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

This may sound simple But how to I list the users in groups

I can run this command

>: groups <username>

and lists the users groups

but I want to list from groups

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

cat /etc/group | grep <groupname>

Is that what you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Khannie wrote:
    cat /etc/group | grep <groupname>

Is that what you want?

cating the groups will work but is very messy

is there a command that will work with openldap and nis and local users
    somthing like groupuserlist <groupname>

looks I will have to right out a shell script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

Rambo wrote:
    is there a command that will work with openldap and nis and local users
    somthing like groupuserlist <groupname> .....

Don't know if the 'getent' command is available in whatever OS you are using but if it's there:

getent group

... will give you all groups listed in your naming service(s) of choice (i.e. files, LDAP, NIS) - depending on what the client you are running this command on is configured to point at for such info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

cormy wrote:
    Don't know if the 'getent' command is available in whatever OS you are using but if it's there:

getent group

... will give you all groups listed in your naming service(s) of choice (i.e. files, LDAP, NIS) - depending on what the client you are running this command on is configured to point at for such info.

getent group <groupname>

thats it thanks

Advertisement