Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Teleatlas finally on a par with Navteq maps?

• 16-08-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

I've seen quite a few cheap units with up to date Teleatlas maps. Is their Irish coverage up to speed yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Well the Likes of Tom Tom and MioMap both Teleatlas seems to be on par.

Have both of the above and they contend directly with my Garmin 660 which has the most up to date available Navteq maps at the moment.

Actually I am starting to like Tomtom at the moment using it with 6.75 maps and is pretty good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

TomTom bought/are buying them ATM:

http://www.teleatlas.com/WhyTeleAtlas/Pressroom/PressReleases/TA_CT015133

Not sure what thats going to meanin the longterm but hopefully it means better maps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I have a TomTom ONE Europe, and that uses the TeleAtlas maps. It doesn't have my road on it (a real pain when you want to navigate to "Home" - it always fails) and most of the Donegal coast is missing too. Navteq have full coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

What version of maps are you using the old 6.5 or the new 6.75

Advertisement