Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uploading database and aspx pages

Options
  • 16-08-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Ok prob in the wrong place but i'll try anyway.

Could anybody tell me a server where I could upload a database and aspx pages onto for someone to view them remotely???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Not many free web hosting services allow you to use ASP.NET files right now. First, many of the advanced features will not work on any non-windows servers, and most of the 'free' hosting sites run Apache, or some other free web server.

Second, the extensions have to be updated almost regularly on the server, else your code may or may not work properly, therefore even if you find say a server thats will allow it, you might find your code still won't work as they may not be on the ball when it comes to updating non-critical patches.

My advise: run a web server locally on your own box and allow the remote user access to view them from your local web server. The only other option is to pay for a remote account with a well regarded provider that supports ASP.NET/C#.

-S

Advertisement