Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law +Politics

• 16-08-2007 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Anyone know what it's like I might consider doing it next year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

this is the first year of it, I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Its first intake was last year. It is essentially a law degree (BCL) and the arts subject politics on top of that. So you will have lectures in law and then sit in on politics lectures (a very big class of about 350-400) and tutorials as well...

It seems like a good degree and it has a lot more scope than just law or politics in isolation. Saying that, it is 4 years instead of 3 for the normal BCL. You could do the BCL and a masters in law in 4 years too. On the other hand, hundreds of solicitors and barristers have taken politics and it really complements law quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I did B&L and really liked the diversity offered between the two disciplines. As m1ke said, it's a natural compliement to law and helps break up the monotony of just having law lectures up in Roebuck the whole time. I'd go for it!

Advertisement