Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ManOwaR

• 16-08-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Who likes Manowar here? I saw them live last March and they blew my head off and melted my face! Rumour has it that they'll being playing the UK for the first time in 10 years soon, so I'll probably be going to see them.

They face a lot of ridicule, but man, they put on one hell of a show - to see them live is instant conversion. :D They never stopped making the kind of music they wanted to, and always gave the fans 110%.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I hated myself for not going to the gig that they played here a while ago. I'm not the biggest fan of them but they are good. It's only when you realise that they don't take themselves seriously and are in fact almost a parody of themselves that you realise their true greatness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Yeah man exactly... It's all escapism. I think they (and some fans) take it seriously right up until the point at which they are really pressed about it, and have to admit that it's all fun at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i would love to see these guys play!! brilliant!! great drumming!! heavy metal, or no metal at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

awesome band, Id say they take their music seriously insofar as it sounds good in terms of composition and technique. But its funny too which doesnt make it any less valid.

One other thing - the sound quality is top notch... sounds clear and crisp, yet thunderous and ribcage-shattering. Hehe. Man I can't wait until they play again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

If your not into metal, you are not my friend... (see gucci for rest).

Love 'em, would love to see them live. Great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I ****in love Manowar but the last two albums have been ****e, it must be said. To the False Metal corner with me, I guess :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Hail and Kill.

Absolutely love them. Going to the Magic Circle fest next year.

Manowar aren't laughing, so why are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I watched their anniversary performance at the Earthshaker festival on DVD. Stunning. Simply stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

10 euro to see Manowar? F' Me.

• Advertisement

I had tickets for this year's Magic Circle Festival, but I left it too late with hotels, flights etc and generally f*cked up my trip.... I'll be there next year though hopefully! Definitely want to go see them in the UK this year (if they play)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Manowar rock. Where are they playing next? Would love to see them.. But they never come near here. Grr..

Advertisement