Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a DELL heatsink cheap

Options
  • 16-08-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok they have the shell of a DELL 5150 in work, and I have a few spare sticks of RAM and a Pentium D I could throw into it (need it for a little experiment i'm running) But the catch is it has no heatsink, I have the stock Intel heatsink but it doesn't fit because the mobo is BTX :mad: thank you DELL.

Anyone know where I can pick up a cheap or second hand heatsink with fan shroud for this mobo. Free would be better :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ebay would be a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Joeface

actually had to buy a dell heatsink recently myself of a similar situation got it from this guy ... http://stores.ebay.ie/TRADING-REPUBLIK

hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Use Gaffer Tape.

I reckon a couple of loops lengthways and a couple widthways and the jobs a goodun. A

Alternatively and more seriously, on such a cheap rig why not just use some Artic ceramique and fix that Intel HS on forever........you can always hold in in place with gaffer tape while it sets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I have an Arctic Cooler you can have for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TonyM. wrote:
    I have an Arctic Cooler you can have for €10

you have a BTX Artic cooler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

L31mr0d wrote:
    you have a BTX Artic cooler?

OOPS no standard cooler only used for three days i was including postage if you can make it work.

http://www.crazypc.com/products/ultra-120_extreme-50983.html

A pre lapped Ultra-120 for 14$ extra .

Advertisement