Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine

Options
  • 16-08-2007 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Right so I got 565 points in the leaving and i feel that i might be 5 points short of medicine. Is there anyone else in this same predicament or have you obtained enough points for medicine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I got 565 and the points for my first preference, english and psychology in Trinity, last year were 565*.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Mr.X wrote:
    Right so I got 565 points in the leaving and i feel that i might be 5 points short of medicine. Is there anyone else in this same predicament or have you obtained enough points for medicine?

I think this is actually worse....

I got 580 which is probably high enough to study med in galway, cork, UCD and college of surgeons... The thing is that I didn't sit any modern language except for irish... this means i can only study med at trinity.... it was 590 last year:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

Ya that is worse.but congrats on ur results all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 abusingelves

ok, take a year out, kick back, hang out with some french beau/belle and take french next year, only doing the one subject. reapply through the CAO this year for next year, using this years points.

believe me, it works. i'm in 5th med and i did something along the same lines.

you can do pass french in like 6 months, so you could even go for a serious walkabout for a few months. as for getting a job around wherever you're from, i wouldn't be bothered, as you'll only end up wishing you were off to college, like the rest of your friends. as for the money you'd make working, its a pittance and in a few years will seem sooooooo irrelevant.

so i'd say cut your own line, and make a break for the border!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

ok, take a year out, kick back, hang out with some french beau/belle and take french next year, only doing the one subject. reapply through the CAO this year for next year, using this years points.

Ye cheers, i was thinking of doing exactly that!! except i might work somewhere to try to save up for college next year:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

Are there many people here planning to repeat for medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

I'm planning on repeating this year for medicine. I actually have a TCD Science degree but it's not a first, so I can't expect to get in with the Graduate Entry Program. But I'll apply as a mature student and as a leaving cert candidate and maybe I'll get lucky. I hope they won't scrap the leaving cert entry to medicine in the future. It's a life-saver for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 desertmonkeys

repeated nd got 555. very very unlikely points will drop 15 for med imo, dissappointed but have grades for most med colleges in england for 2008.fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

My friend got 555 first time and only two gave him an interview:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeterMC

I repeated for med last year...just got my acceptance for Medicine in UCC! :-)

If you are thinking about repeating, my advice is go for it! Out of the 15(ish) people in my year who repeated for it, 10+ got it! While it's tough not going to college with your friends @ d start, once people start to drop out and hate their courses you realise you have made the right choice. So what I'm saying is go for it, it's only 9 months...work your ass off and it can be yours!

And I was a lot further off than 555/560...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Exactly, all my friends and I repeated and we all got it. All of us.

Advertisement