Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better signal

Options
  • 16-08-2007 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i have bought a new labtop i am not getting a good enough singal the range is 60meters but i cant even go twenty

if you have any ideas please type them in this thread

thank you in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That's not very smodly of you seamus.
    Threaten him Thor damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

can you try and provide some level of detail about the problem you're having?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

wireless networking is very hit and miss. there are lots of variables such as the quality of your equipment, distance, obstacles and interference from other electronic devices.

start off by relocating the wireless access point to a more central location, closer to your laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rover2200

humaxf1 wrote:
    wireless networking is very hit and miss. there are lots of variables such as the quality of your equipment, distance, obstacles and interference from other electronic devices.

start off by relocating the wireless access point to a more central location, closer to your laptop.

i only have one phone line

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rover2200 wrote:
    i only have one phone line

rover2200, if you require people to help you with any wireless problems you might be having then you need to give more info on your situation

- what make is your wireless card
    - what make is your router
    - what is the layout of your house like in relation to where your router and computer are

Untill you give more ninfo nobody will be able to help you,

• Advertisement

the wireless card is netopia
    the router is also netopia
    there is three walls between the router and the labtop

thanks in advance

rover2200

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

3 walls and 60m or 3 walls and 20m ????

single or double block walls or mass concrete ???

60meters dobleblocked walls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

not surprising so .

can you get an external antenna for the netopia card , is there a little fitting on it ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is the laptop a new model or did you get it second hand? It is unusual nowadays for a laptop to have an external card.

• Advertisement

thank you for helping me i have sorted out the problem please keep leaving messages here for people that need help thank you rover2200

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

wtf was that??? :rolleyes:

Probably demolished the walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

dub45 wrote:
    Probably demolished the walls?
    :D:D

hello this is rover2200 i did not demolish the walls i bought a n1 mimo router but it is not working so i brought it back so if have any more help please leave it on this thread thank you in advance rover2200

rover2200 wrote:
    hello this is rover2200 i did not demolish the walls i bought a n1 mimo router but it is not working so i brought it back so if have any more help please leave it on this thread thank you in advance rover2200

To get the full benefits of the N standard you would need an n card in the laptop as well.

dub45 wrote:
    To get the full benefits of the N standard you would need an n card in the laptop as well.

thank you i will try that please leave more help

Advertisement