Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800GTX overclocking problem

Options
  • 16-08-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

using a 125cfm fan attacked to my 8800gtx i have managed to get the core to 700mhz and the ram to 1100mhz. All good and well you say, but the problem is with ntune 1100mhz is the max the memory will do. Its 100% rock stable at these speeds and has upped my 3dmark score from 10800 to 1200+. Now i know you are going to say use ati tool or riva tuner, but the problem is they are not stable and crash vista for me, even at lower speeds. Does anyone know a way to be able to get higher speeds on the memory?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

One of ye must know how to get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I could find no stable OC tool bar ntune for OC'ing my GTX with the Vista OS. I had the mem maxed out at 1100 rock solid too.

yeah,but i want to go above 1100 on the ram though. Is there a way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I wanted to aswell, and what I am saying is I couldn't find a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Is it possible to flash the 8800GTX bios with a higher default clock? I know this was possible with my old 6800Ultra.

Also you got pictures on how you mounted that fan? Where is it blowing? Have you taken the cover off the stock heatsink?

• Advertisement

Well, im using a cardboard box as a case atm. So i just cut a whole in it, and duct taped the fan to the box to blow air onto the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BlindChild

Anti wrote:
    Hey,

using a 125cfm fan attacked to my 8800gtx i have managed to get the core to 700mhz and the ram to 1100mhz. All good and well you say, but the problem is with ntune 1100mhz is the max the memory will do. Its 100% rock stable at these speeds and has upped my 3dmark score from 10800 to 1200+. Now i know you are going to say use ati tool or riva tuner, but the problem is they are not stable and crash vista for me, even at lower speeds. Does anyone know a way to be able to get higher speeds on the memory?

Get rid of Vista its a piece of ****!!! it kills your 06 score.riva tuner lets u go to 1350.for what its worth i cant c u going much past 2200 on mem nyway without volt mods..just my 2c.........nice enfough oc for air Btw : )......your cpu bottle necked at 3.6 aswell for it to make that much of a diff

BlindChild wrote:
    Get rid of Vista its a piece of ****!!! it kills your 06 score.riva tuner lets u go to 1350.for what its worth i cant c u going much past 2200 on mem nyway without volt mods..just my 2c.........nice enfough oc for air Btw : )......your cpu bottle necked at 3.6 aswell for it to make that much of a diff

If only i could get riva tuner working on vista :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

you can uninstall rivatuner then restart ur pc when before windows loads press F8 and then scroll down to disalbe drive auth.then load into windwos and install riva,ati tool and core temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ive had it oc my 2900 for months now ....http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

its been working with vista for ages now

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, ill give this a go later on so :)

Advertisement