Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Microsoft Word Docs

Options
  • 16-08-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Is there any way that i can open a word doc at a particular point - instead of always opening at the top of the word doc.
    For example i want it to open at the 3rd paragraph.

Even if i use html to open the word doc is there any extra args i can pass in to make it open at a particular point. I know this feature is available in PDF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Are you talking in general, because I don't know. But I suppose you could write an autorun macro for individual documents will move to a particular point. Actually it mightn't be called autorun but it executes when the document opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

my app needs to find a "keyword" in the word doc and open it up at that keyword(prefferably highlighted).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What language is the app written in? Office document and applications are very easy to manipulate programmatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

there is no app at present. still in design stages. i dont mind what language. java, ruby, python, asp.net.

What i would ideally like is to have a search in my app for a keyword. it bring up results. i click on the result and it will open the word doc at the result. highliting the word.

So what i am asking for is a way to open up a word doc at a find(keyword).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

if you did it in .NEt(or C or VB maybe even Java) you could use the MS Word Object Model (in code) and then use of the built in word features so you could search through the document in code for the word you want and then make word page to page then disaplay

have a look at the code project they normally have good samples for these automation type projects

• Advertisement
Advertisement