Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspend a credit card?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to suspend your credit card and then reactivate it a few hours later?

e.g. you're on holidays and you've mislaid it but think it might just be sitting somewhere safely. It's not ideal to have to get someone at home to post the new card out to you, so you want the option of reactivating the suspended card a few hours later.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

It should be, just ring the CC company and explain the situation, they will verify the last few transactions on the card and will let you know what the procedure is from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It was when I worked in the CC section of the bank. The temporary stops could be removed, the lost/stolen blocks couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

We don't do it where I work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bah .. conflicting answers ... I guess I'll give them a call if/when the need arises .. I ring them far too often with petty questions :D

Advertisement