Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supercharger?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Ok im considering getting one of them superchargers for the revo or the t-maxx, i understand it blows much more air in than N/A engines but its a 2 stroke engine which dosen't really get a chance to compress the air before it goes into the engine.
    my question is will it add notable power and will it possibly blow the sh!t out of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Dont bother, All they do is make the engine run extremely lean for a few seeconds...
    Or so they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kayaker

Use the Traxxas web page and they have a engine replacement scheme, i've just traded in my old .15 engine for a .25 and it costs 100euro for the new engine, you could even upgrade to the .33 engine.

L8r
    Kayaker

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A supercharger will have the same effect as more nitro in the fuel.
    Power increasing costs either way you do it.
    However, the high nitro fuel goes in the engine bringing good stuff like oil along with it, so resultant wear will be limited.

On the other hand:
    Any power additive method that increases air flow into the carb will also make fuel flow more sensitive to adjust (more twitchy, or hairtrigger).
    Examples or oxygen enhancing devices are power carbs with big air inlets, air compression devices, and more simple air filter removel, or air filter enlargement.
    So a leaning out as a result will cause high temps and low lubrication resulting in wear of the moving parts.

Bottom line .. if you find em hard to tune, do it with nitro instead. But if you are master of the tuning craft and want to play with your pistons, liners, bearings and conrod... get one ... it's only money after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Just use your money for a bigger engine.
    That truggy in the video in the galway nats thread is running a GO.21 7 port engine.. that thng was faster then my (your) 3.3 revo .)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Kayaker wrote:
    Use the Traxxas web page and they have a engine replacement scheme, i've just traded in my old .15 engine for a .25 and it costs 100euro for the new engine, you could even upgrade to the .33 engine.

L8r
    Kayaker
    Were about in Kilkenny are you, im from there myself with a revo and a T-maxx?

@Flunked, coolwings and vectra i searched the traxxas forums and everyone said there the worst things ever, extremely bad infact. I might just upgrade to .26 size when I finish with the present engines.

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    I might just upgrade to .26 size when I finish with the present engines.

What .26 engine are you looking at getting?

Any, once it goes in without any modifactions and not too expensive.

why .26?

get a big block kit and put a .32 in there :D

Is this for the Revo ?

Its for the revo but with a .32 the exhuast will have to be massive and the only place to put that is at the side and that dosen't look well with the revo BUT if theres a .32 will work ok with the standard exhaust give us a link there!!!

Not sure about the standard exhaust.. :(

• Advertisement

As far aa i know theres a drop in for the revo, I think its a picco .26 but i don't think tower do them.

Plug wrote:
    As far aa i know theres a drop in for the revo, I think its a picco .26 but i don't think tower do them.

You mean like this one ?? > Picco.26 on Ebay :D

Like that except not used, tower are out of stock till late september:(

Picco.21 too small for you?>>>
    Picco.21 :cool:

Too small, your right!:D

.26 is about right, that picco is the way to go, are they any places in ireland or england that sell the .26's?

Would a GO.21 or a GO.25 drop in there ?
    I saw a truggy with a GO.21 in Galway and that thing could shift nicely.. Popping wheelies as well which i though was difficult while running a center diff.. :eek:

I supose a GO .25 woul fit in but I'd need the big block conversion(not too much bother), are they expensive, the GO's?

Go.25 Truggy engine..>> DEARER THEN THE GO.28 ENGINE. :o

Or,
    How about a CPP race modified Hyper 21 8-Port Pro/Race engine, has had 3 tanks of fuel through it @ idle for £90 :confused:

This one >>HERE...!!! :cool:

Me again.. LOL :D

How about selling off your Tmaxx and Revo and go and buy this beauty...?? :eek:

AWESOME REVO...!!! :cool:

• Advertisement

I'm not a member and can't look at it, is it very good? Even worth selling my t-maxx and revo for it? Hardly that good!

OK,
    I will replicate the page here for you. ;)
    My revo ** check it out **
    ok firstly i am not getting out of rc and this is sad for me but i have to get my piroities right. This mean further education and making a start on building my own life so im going to have to make sacifices, unfortunatly this is going to be one of them.

right lets get this over and done with

here is the pictures for a start.

myrevo010.jpg

myrevo010.jpg

myrevo012.jpg

Couple of no body on shots
    myrevo014.jpg

myrevo015.jpg

myrevo016.jpg

the only 2 things that have changed is i put the ez start back on and a brand new set of moabs and foams have been fitted since these pictures were taken, the truck has not been run since these photos were taken and is still very clean.

ok this was originaly niels revo and as you know niel realy looked after his trucks.well i brought this of nitro in my intention to race it. however like i said i have to get my piroites straight first and this has to go and its hard desicion for me to make.

right now on to the specification

vantage carbon fiber chassie.
    t - max reciver box.
    carbon fibre battery strap.
    tekno carbon fiber throtle servo mount.
    tekno wing mount and ofna wing.
    rpm arms all around.
    carbon fiber tie rods.
    proline 23mm hex's
    proline 40 series wheels dyed black.
    proline 40 seried moab tyres and foams.
    single steering servo conversion.
    alu single steering arm servo and saver arm.
    hitec 645mg for throttle.
    some other hitec digital servo for steering(super quick and responsive.
    x ray battery pack

other ways of starting
    savage 25 rotostart back plate and wand included
    rdlogic starter box and two 7.2v stick packs.

spars include
    front and rear bulkheads complete including diffs
    front and rear bulkheads
    rockers.
    stock radio boxes
    skids
    2 screw kits

plus loads more i cant be arsed to list.

right im not going to state a price.

im am selling this with out the rx and tx as i need my spektrum unless we can come to some sort of deal.

ok so submit me your best offers through pm and i will get back to everyone asap.
    no low balling please or time wasters, i have been offered a price but im not sure if its good or not so make me offers please.

Now,
    I think the asking price is £320

That. Is. Smexy.

I am sort of thinking I should have bought it myself :D

Possibly you should. But it looks more of a shelf queen. Wonder how it proforms in racing.

vectra wrote:
    I am sort of thinking I should have bought it myself :D
    £320? For that!
    I'd love that, I want it now:D

vectra wrote:
    Me again.. LOL :D

How about selling off your Tmaxx and Revo and go and buy this beauty...?? :eek:

AWESOME REVO...!!! :cool:
    i sent him a PM, I'll probly take it from him.

Plug wrote:
    i sent him a PM, I'll probly take it from him.

Nice one.
    Did you ask what engine is in there ?
    i dont see anything about it upon reading the advert again..? :confused:

vectra wrote:
    Nice one.
    Did you ask what engine is in there ?
    i dont see anything about it upon reading the advert again..? :confused:
    Im looking at the engine and trying to see what it is, if anything i'd say its a .26.
    its a lovely revo all the same, how much do you think its worth and he's not giving the radio system with except the servos.

• Advertisement

Just checked

Poked my nose around that forum.. I think it may be either an RB323 or an RB 523 :eek:

Advertisement