Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where was Jerry Lawler?

• 16-08-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

Was watchin some of RAW from 2001 and, well where is Jerry Lawler, Paul Heyman is there Instead....so where'd he go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ec18 wrote:
    Was watchin some of RAW from 2001 and, well where is Jerry Lawler, Paul Heyman is there Instead....so where'd he go?

Stacy Carter (The Kat, Lawlers wife at the time) was fired after No Way Out for disruptive attitude i believe, and Lawler walked out in protest. He did a stint for XWF during that period and was re-hired after Survivor Series 2001.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I really enjoyed it when King wasn't there.

As much as i enjoy Lawler (cos JR hasn't been good on commentary for years!), Heyman was a refreshing change. Plus the legit hate both guys had for each other at the time, it made for really interesting commentary.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I loved when Heyman was commentating. I can still remember a classic moment on Raw:

JR: I think Regal's got another trick up his sleeves
    Heyman: But he's not wearing any sleeves
    JR: His proverbial sleeves...
    Heyman: But he's not wearing any proverbial sleeves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lawler at the time would never STFU about puppies which was very tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I loved when he would tell JR to go in the ring and help the stricken face. I recall one incidence where Heyman really annoyed JR over a jibe about Oklahoma. JR momentarily lost his cool. It was a good tv moment.

I loved when he would tell JR to go in the ring and help the stricken face. I recall one incidence where Heyman really annoyed JR over a jibe about Oklahoma. JR momentarily lost his cool. It was a good tv moment.

There's a really good moment at Wrestlemania during the Austin v Rock match, actually there are two of them!

The first one was when Heyman said "with you being from Oklahoma, why do you care about Texas so much?"

The other was when he was really laying it to JR about Austin being his friend where JR snaps and yells at him "What do you care? it's none of your damn business if he's my friend!"

Priceless :D
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

JR would be giving a backstory of a match for the fans on camera before a video package,and Heyman would be just staring a hole through him throughout the whole thing,made for good tv is right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LivingDead

Heyman and JR were by far my favourite commentary team. So many great moments.

Heyman taking shots at JR and staring at him was priceless. And JR would take the odd shot at Heyman about the fall of ECW or his hair. Great stuff.

I remember Heyman taking the piss out of JR's Cowboy hat and JR responding with "Nice Ponytail!"

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JR's baseball cap

Surely you mean his "black Resistol hat"?!

Gah, ya got to me before i could edit it! :(
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The King was getting very stale at the time anyway as he was face and having two face commentators is never good.

Heyman has always been great at commentary. Not quite as good as Heenan, but up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i hate jerry lawler he is always laughing at john cena's ''jokes'' when they are not funny, he always stands up for jr when he is getting his arse beat

he makes me sick, KING BOOKER 4 LIFE

kentonbomb wrote:
    i hate jerry lawler he is always laughing at john cena's ''jokes'' when they are not funny, he always stands up for jr when he is getting his arse beat

he makes me sick, KING BOOKER 4 LIFE
    Don't bet on it, HHH will be burying him soon to be the true "King Of Kings"
    Consider that a "spoiler" if you will ;)

VR!

Advertisement