Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Traveller Gets a Job

Options
  • 16-08-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

A traveller walks into a Sports Shop. He says 'Howya, boss. Any jobs going, boss. Lovely day, boss'.
    The shop owner says, 'Listen don't call me boss. Don't call anyone boss. They will know that you're a traveller. Go home, clean yourself up and come back to me.'
    The traveller goes home, gets a haircut and a suit, has a shower and a week later comes back to the shop. 'Good afternoon sir, I was wondering would there be any vacancies in your shop at the moment'
    The shop owner replies, 'As it happens I do. You look very familiar'.
    The traveller says, 'I was in last week sir, you told me to come back'.
    Shop owner: 'God, you look great! Well done! Let's do a trial run. The next customer that comes in, I will serve them and show you how it's done. Then you can have a go and we'll see how you get on'
    A customer walks in. 'Hi, I was looking for a tennis racket'.
    Shop Owner replies, 'Is that for grass or hard surface? There is a big difference in the type of racket you need'.
    Customer: 'I didn't know that, thanks a million. It's for a grass court'.
    Shop owner says 'Ok then sir, over there on the high shelf are all the grass court rackets. Have a look and help yourself'.
    The customer chooses the one he likes, pays for it, thanks the shop owner and leaves the shop.

The shop owner then says to the traveller 'Now you see how it's done here comes another customer. You have a go'.
    Traveller: 'Good afternoon sir. How are you today? Welcome to our shop and how can I help?'
    Customer: 'Good afternoon to you too. I am looking for a baseball bat'.
    Traveller: 'No problem sir, we have a large supply. Would that be for a wedding or a funeral?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I actually thought the title was going to be the end of the joke.:D

Advertisement