Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire screwing me?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Basically my contract finished in febuary '07. More than 30 days before that I called clearwire stating I wanted to finish with them, to which they said, I should live out the contract to save the cancelation fee.
    Since the end of the contract I have not been billed (6 months now) but have been getting internet access. Today I get a phone call saying I owe them nearly 300 squid!!!:eek:

What now?? Is this my fault even though I specified I wanted to finish with them or should I have let them know the sitiation and now pay??

For the record people, stay well away!! Terrible service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I had thought that in order to finish the cancellation procedure you had to send the box back to them? I know a friend had to send his back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So you didn't pay but still used the service? Then you owe them the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭snowyeoghan

If thats true Im 300 smacker down for sure! Not a good day!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If thats true Im 300 smacker down for sure! Not a good day!!

So do I believe that because you gave an intention to stop your contract (which you didn't stop in the end) and used the internet, that you are to get it for free??

I'm sorry but if you use it then you have to pay for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Sounds like you don't have a leg to stand on tbh.On a side note I can't stand that Clearwise advert on the radio in that sad American voice.What's all that about? total farce if ya ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭snowyeoghan

carbsy wrote:
    On a side note I can't stand that Clearwise advert on the radio in that sad American voice.What's all that about? total farce if ya ask me.

If you want toast, just plug in the toaster. Clearwire, as easy as toast. Oh, and have a nice day! - Twats.

Yeh figured I dont have chance of getting outta this one. ah well. Live and learn:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

carbsy wrote:
    sad American voice

The worst thing is is that it is probably Anto from Tallaght putting on the accent. Do they really think that ad is going to get people to sign up. It is one of the reasons why I listen to cd's in the car.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you want toast, just plug in the toaster. Clearwire, as easy as toast. Oh, and have a nice day! - Twats.

Yeh figured I dont have chance of getting outta this one. ah well. Live and learn:rolleyes:

Only if you pay your ESB bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

hehe it's gotta be the worst advert on the wireless at present...

Advertisement