Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thermal paste

Options
  • 16-08-2007 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi all. No thermal paste came with my Core Duo! Im a bit slow sometimes so Im guessing I was wrong to assume I would get some?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Offalycool wrote:
    Hi all. No thermal paste came with my Core Duo! Im a bit slow sometimes so Im guessing I was wrong to assume I would get some?

The stock cooler that comes with the CPU will have a pre applied layer of it on it.

If you are adding a 3rd party heatsink, it sometimes comes with it or you just have to buy your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Ok.. I was thinking it was that way.. but had to be sure. I'll go ahead and install it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Offalycool wrote:
    Ok.. I was thinking it was that way.. but had to be sure. I'll go ahead and install it. Thanks.

No harm in being sure :-)

Advertisement