Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question - Clothes off ebay?

• 16-08-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at ebay for clothes, mainly boxers. And there seems to some great deals there.
    Has anyone bought clothes from ebay?
    I was looking at some abercrombie and fitch polo shirts for like €30 and they're nealry €90 in the shops here!!

What do you think?
    I think i might buy some boxers and polo's - easy to get the sizing right.
    I dont think id go for jeans as they're kind of a thing you'd need to try on first.

Yea or nea anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not really a Bargain Alert, moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've bought plenty of stuff off of eBay for the missus and never really had any size issue's. Just make sure it's a reputeable seller so you don't get ripped off with fakes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've bought quite a few bits and pieces of clothing off e-bay. Not had a problem so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've had mixed experiences with clothing on ebay, make sure you check the feed back do not trust the seller location and item location, one example i have is where both the seller and item where listed as UK , 3weeks later i got a lovely tshirt from thailand, needless to say it was fake but at least the size was correct.

Avoid goods from thailand at all costs.

On the flip side i have also got stuff from sellers in the US one in paticualler who i have got 4 shirts from ships in 4 days to ireland from the US .

SO i've had good and bad experiences with it, main thing is to use some common sense, and if you in doubt on size mail the seller nad ask about size and their return policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ive bought loads off e bay,just make sure its a reputable seller with a good amount of feedback and you should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

I made my first online clothes purchase this week on eBay. Bought 3 different A&F polo shirts from 3 different sellers. To be honest I'm not expecting genuine merchandise with the price I paid but will be plesantly surprised if they are real or that they last more than a few months if fake. Will let you know next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bought tees, shoes and hats off ebay. Worked very well.
    Mind, a pair of jeans I got was too tight, by a little. I bought them without properly measuring myself so it wasn't the sellers fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Always buy loads of stuff of ebay a lot of it clothes. You do take your chances but generally I have had no problems so far ,my other half even got her wedding dress handmade from china.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Guys, would you be able to provide the seller names please for reference, good to pass on the good sellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

yop wrote:
    Guys, would you be able to provide the seller names please for reference, good to pass on the good sellers.

one i buy from quite often is 4alexander2
    no the cheapest but deinately cheaper than buying in store here,
    got some nice element stuff from them.

The stuff is 100% original 0% fake
    and delivery time is unbelievably fast - 4 days from the US !!!!!!!
    and thats not just a fluke is consistant and has also been stated by
    several irish users in the feedback. Also this seller is very quick to reply to
    email queries regards sizing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

lol if you want cheap boxers go to penneys?!

as for the rest of you know your size in a brand you like it can be good bear in mind postage costs can be dear to ireland

Advertisement