Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Choice?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding on a board for my new build. All I want is a good overclocker, with preferably a P35 chipset, SATA, USB. Graphics are not that important to me at the moment, so I thought 1 x PCI-Ex slot is plenty. I was hoping to avoid spending €160+ on a 'deluxe' board, and was hoping someone could recommend someting basic but good at around €100.

Do I really need to shell out €174 for a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 to get a top performing/overclocking system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No you do not. Look at the board in my "new" sig below my post. Its a absolute beast and overclocks extremly well, and has everything you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

As well any of the low end P35's will do just fine (ones without the bells and whistles)

Advertisement