Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95 8GB... available?

• 16-08-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Interesting email in my Inbox from mPhone today... with the Nokia N95 8GB listed in the email and linked on their site...
    http://www.mphone.co.uk/acatalog/n95-black_sim_free.html
    3G Nokia N95 SIM Free (Black)
    nokia-n95-black.jpg

The Nokia N95 Black Edition is now equipped with 8Gb storage and brings a range of multimedia ingredients together, such as a fantastic display, outstanding photo and video capability and high-speed connectivity, making it the ultimate multimedia computer.

Nokia N95 features at a glance:
    • Dimensions: 99 x 53 x 21 mm
    • Weight: 120 g (with battery)
    • Talk time: up to 6.5 hours
    • Standby time: up to 220 hours
    • Built-in GPS navigation System
    • Display: 2.6" TFT, 16M colors 240 x 320 pixels
    • 5.0 Mega-Pixel camera, 2592 x 1944 pixels
    • Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus
    • Memory: 8Gb internal memory
    • Expandable via microSD storage expansion
    • MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player
    • TV out support & WiFi enabled
    • WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
    • Bluetooth, USB and Infrared connectivity
    • HSDPA / GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 3G and EDGE

£425 + VAT

had seen rumours like the rest of you for a while about it... just had a look around Nokia's site but couldn't track anything official down as yet... even expansys don't have it listed yet...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

dont see what the big fascination is with this N95, i've got a black cover on my N95 (looks exactly the same as the photo) and i could just get a 8gb sandisk micro sd. hey presto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

i could just get a 8gb sandisk micro sd. hey presto!

Oh no you couldn't. although Sandisk say they are bringing it out, you can't buy it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

8Gb internal!?!?!? :eek: Mother****ers!!!!
    Why the hell couldnt they have brought this out before I bought mine?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

an article in the more 'mainstream' online press appeared yesterday about it too... Nokia N95 8GB upgrade coming soon

be good to see the rumours actually turn into reality... thanks Apple for raising the bar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Apple's iPhone raised no bars, it's an underpowered, under equipped, overpriced, POS - with no MMS, no decent camera, no 3G, no anything apart from a gimicky well worked touchscreen.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote:
    Apple's iPhone raised no bars...

doubt you would be seeing another vendor's handset with 8GB of (solid state) memory released (as soon) if the iPhone hadn't appeared with it first... that's raising the bar...

well the listing disappeared off the mPhone site today... has it gone back into hiding...
    Interesting email in my Inbox from mPhone today... with the Nokia N95 8GB listed in the email and linked on their site...
    http://www.mphone.co.uk/acatalog/n95-black_sim_free.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Well the offical announcement came for the N95 8GB

bigger physical screen (although same pixel resolution), more internal memory (doh!), and claimed better battery life...

they also announced some other handsets at their recent media event including the N81 and N81 8GB models:
    Nokia: Go Play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Man im so tempted by one these!one thing to note is that its got ram upgrade to 128mb so no low memory errors..about bloody time.

So much to decide,now im torn between 3 devices:e90,htc tytn II and n95 8gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

doubt you would be seeing another vendor's handset with 8GB of (solid state) memory released (as soon) if the iPhone hadn't appeared with it first... that's raising the bar...

Not to mention Nokia's new ipHone lookalike/knock-off

Inquitus wrote:
    Apple's iPhone raised no bars, it's an underpowered, under equipped, overpriced, POS - with no MMS, no decent camera, no 3G, no anything apart from a gimicky well worked touchscreen.

In its current state for Americans, that's all they need. Course it raised the bar.

damo86 wrote:
    Man im so tempted by one these!one thing to note is that its got ram upgrade to 128mb so no low memory errors..about bloody time.

So much to decide,now im torn between 3 devices:e90,htc tytn II and n95 8gig.

But as I understand it, no external memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wiimoteman

dont see what the big fascination is with this N95, i've got a black cover on my N95 (looks exactly the same as the photo) and i could just get a 8gb sandisk micro sd. hey presto!
    The nokia N95 is only copatible with up to 2GB maby 4GB at most, so no, you couldn't. When I clicked the link it said "page not found, click here to return to our home page" but if there is an 8GB N95, It could hand the iPhone it's ass on a plate.:D

wiimoteman wrote:
    The nokia N95 is only copatible with up to 2GB maby 4GB at most, so no, you couldn't. When I clicked the link it said "page not found, click here to return to our home page" but if there is an 8GB N95, It could hand the iPhone it's ass on a plate.:D

If it actually works, it could. But so many apps crash, plain don't work, network features such as 'show via home network' and so on, just sit there looking foolish. We shall see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

wiimoteman wrote:
    the 6gb micro sd cards work in the n95

Where can you get a 6gb card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

here it is the official link to N95 8B

http://nseries.com/nseries/index.html#l=products,n95_8gb

and its specs

http://nseries.com/nseries/v3/media/sections/products/tech_specs/en-R1/tech_specs_n95_8gb_en_R1.html

i notice that there are few spec differences incl battery and battery life, screen size, etc.

ooh this new one is in black. lol.

Marty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The Camera cover is gone on the 8GB N95... Dont think I like that as I always have mine in my pocket.

• Advertisement

I certainly wont be touching that so. Its bad enough that the main screen is just begging to be ****ed about by keys but now the camera will be the same and covered in dust?! What were they thinking? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Greetings all,

The word from O2 is that the new N95 will not be relased before Xmas perhaps in the new year......
    Will just have to wait and see.

Regards
    Silverski

well nokia have announced the N95 8GB has started shipping... wonder what the starting price on the likes of expansys etc. will be! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Nokia's rrp before tax or subsidy is €560, so should be about 677. But knowing Expansys they will charge €750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

GUIGuy wrote: »
    Nokia's rrp before tax or subsidy is €560, so should be about 677. But knowing Expansys they will charge €750.

and the rest.

I think the camera cover issue means that it's essential to get a decent case for it.

It should be out sim free in the UK any day, so I'm keeping my eye out for where I can get one.

Advertisement