Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work on the liffey?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know whats going on near O' Connell Bridge on the Liffey. Theres like a platform out on the water and there people working on it. I thought they might be checking the ground under the liffey for the metro to go under it or something. Does anyone know? Thanks! Carl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I thought they might be checking the ground under the liffey for the metro to go under it or something. Carl

Yep, it's for the metro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

oh cool thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dammit I was hoping 'the time in the slime' was making a come back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

haha! yeah i can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Mairt wrote:
    Dammit I was hoping 'the time in the slime' was making a come back :D

here's a mission for ya can anyone find a photo of that I've looked a couple of times and never found one on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thought you were just being lazy, lostexpectation but five minutes on Google and Wikipedia returned sweet FA picture-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

For some reason I had this on my computer.. Not my pic, but there you go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Do you guys think that they could of made a better effort at saving it? Surely the technology was there to keep it clean?

It prob should of been bigger too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

How bad did it get towards the end?

Here's an idea we should bring it back and begin the countdown for the year 3000 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Here's an idea we should bring it back and begin the countdown for the year 3000 :p

Not a bad idea, it could coincide with the opening of the Metro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Punchbowl wrote:
    For some reason I had this on my computer.. Not my pic, but there you go..

ah cool thanks i had looked everywhere for it...

I was looking for a picture of the bridge as well for the box that took the pictures/money for the pictures, cos there was an arguement about where the recess on the bridge where the fr pat noise bronze plaque was placed in came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Collie D wrote:
    Not a bad idea, it could coincide with the opening of the Metro

Haha Lovin' it!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

If they are doing that work for the Metro in the liffey... would anyone object if I threw one of those Metro newspaper people in? (annoying blue anoraked gits).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

i was hoping we struck oil :(

Advertisement