Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, I'm going to D.I.T, need advice.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

and bebo

I hope they have that blocked this year. Its worse than playing games.

"OMG Look at the comment I left on your page even though I'm sitting right beside you!!!!111one"

rat :p

:D Ya should see me go when I get started. Some say I'm worse than P.K
    get a fancy laptop with gaming capabilities and park your arse in the fancy surroundings of the ecoli farm we call the snackery and play your games. you're the reason i'm not returning to DIT without a nice lappy under my arm.

Ha ecoli farm! Tankzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I was in IT Carlow for the past two years and Bebo was always blocked. I repeatedly underestimate the popularity of it! I mean, some days I heard girls at the back of the bus home talking about nothing else but - you guessed it - Bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

orla wrote:

It won't be until you get to 3rd year.

yea well you dont know me very well then . Even if the assigned projects are not game related , i know i will be doing my best to make them so . anyway i do it in my own time as well, i entered Dare and a few other competitions last year . so i plan on entering this year again ( hopefully find some classmates up for it ) , that was one of the main reasons i got a laptop , the computers in my last college , the computers where getting on a bit , so their graphics cards where not up for rendering in Max ( i.e. it would take forever ).

oh and yes i agree bebo is evil ! it was banned in my last college , and i am guessing it is in DIT too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kevster wrote:
    I was in IT Carlow for the past two years and Bebo was always blocked. I repeatedly underestimate the popularity of it! I mean, some days I heard girls at the back of the bus home talking about nothing else but - you guessed it - Bebo.
    completely off topic but i was out last night and overheard this couple talking they were about to exchange numbers but at the last minute the girl just said ah feck it, give me your name and i'll find you on bebo. ugh.

Cremo wrote:
    completely off topic but i was out last night and overheard this couple talking they were about to exchange numbers but at the last minute the girl just said ah feck it, give me your name and i'll find you on bebo. ugh.

thats a dark day for humanity.

yea i can see the chat up lines now ,
    " hey you think think i look good , you should see how Hott my Bebo page is . my flash box is SO funny ! "

• Advertisement

yea well you dont know me very well then . Even if the assigned projects are not game related , i know i will be doing my best to make them so . anyway i do it in my own time as well, i entered Dare and a few other competitions last year . so i plan on entering this year again ( hopefully find some classmates up for it ) , that was one of the main reasons i got a laptop , the computers in my last college , the computers where getting on a bit , so their graphics cards where not up for rendering in Max ( i.e. it would take forever ).

oh and yes i agree bebo is evil ! it was banned in my last college , and i am guessing it is in DIT too ?

I never said that i knew you.

I highly doubt you'll be able to make any sort of games out of the projects assigned to you.

For example: you'll be asked to make a currency converter or an ATM

To be honest, i think your in for a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Cremo wrote:
    I hope you slapped the bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Binomate wrote:
    I hope you slapped the bitch.

Slapping, as we all know, is the cure for bitch silliness

LOTP wrote:
    Slapping, as we all know, is the cure for bitch silliness
    Damn straight. Gotta represent, yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

orla wrote:
    I hope they have that blocked this year. Its worse than playing games.

"OMG Look at the comment I left on your page even though I'm sitting right beside you!!!!111one"

I know, it pissed me off so much last year with you constantly droning on about your bebo Orla :)

• Advertisement

Dunners wrote:
    I know, it pissed me off so much last year with you constantly droning on about your bebo Orla :)

If i remember correctly Mr.Dunne, didn't you ask me what you had to do to make it into my top 16???

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

orla wrote:
    If i remember correctly Mr.Dunne, didn't you ask me what you had to do to make it into my top 16???

You don't remember correctly, that conversation was actually you threatening me with physical violence for not putting you in my top 16!

Dunners wrote:
    You don't remember correctly, that conversation was actually you threatening me with physical violence for not putting you in my top 16!

Lies. Feck off back to the UK.

orla wrote:
    I never said that i knew you.

I highly doubt you'll be able to make any sort of games out of the projects assigned to you.

For example: you'll be asked to make a currency converter or an ATM

To be honest, i think your in for a shock.

i know you dont know me , hence me saying that you dont know me . i thought i was making an obvious point there . hmm and i am sure i will be able to fine a way to make the projects game related in 3rd or 4th year. till then i can just work on games stuff myself for the likes of Dare. and a currency coverter sound great fun ( think of the fun !), and i dont tend to be shocked too much so no worries there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Is this what I have to look forward to when I arrive back in DIT next week!? ... ...Bebo should be banned, most definately; and I don't just mean from college. It should be banned, period.

Kevster wrote:
    Is this what I have to look forward to when I arrive back in DIT next week!? ... ...Bebo should be banned, most definately; and I don't just mean from college. It should be banned, period.

hmm we could ping it (nah thats stupid wont work ), could try cracking accounts and posting them to show that bebo is not secure ( right no that did not work for myspace). we could go to their wikipedia page and write lies about bebo (hmm nope it would just get taken down too fast )
    plus there is enough bad stuff on that page around

"In March 2007 in Derry, Northern Ireland, Bebo was used to organise a sectarian fight under the guise of a cross community football match. Bebo has also been used to name and abuse local police officers in Tayside, Scotland."

umm go bebo ?
    wait it gets worse

"Bebo also announced on March 17, 2007 that it was the most popular website in the Republic of Ireland"

thats scary , well anyway , all my ideas where terrible , you think of way to get bebo banned and i am in for sure .

hmm we could ping it (nah thats stupid wont work ), could try cracking accounts and posting them to show that bebo is not secure ( right no that did not work for myspace). we could go to their wikipedia page and write lies about bebo (hmm nope it would just get taken down too fast )
    plus there is enough bad stuff on that page around

"In March 2007 in Derry, Northern Ireland, Bebo was used to organise a sectarian fight under the guise of a cross community football match. Bebo has also been used to name and abuse local police officers in Tayside, Scotland."

umm go bebo ?
    wait it gets worse

"Bebo also announced on March 17, 2007 that it was the most popular website in the Republic of Ireland"

thats scary , well anyway , all my ideas where terrible , you think of way to get bebo banned and i am in for sure .
    Or else, you could just shut up talking about it and don't use it. Let those who use it continue using it for all their faggotry needs, and let those who want to avoid the faggotry continue not using it.

P.s. I'm not really homophobic, before someone picks up on that.... again.

Binomate wrote:
    Or else, you could just shut up talking about it and don't use it. Let those who use it continue using it for all their faggotry needs, and let those who want to avoid the faggotry continue not using it.

hmm that plan really seems to lack action , but its not bad , i will add it to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Even if the assigned projects are not game related , i know i will be doing my best to make them so .

good luck turning a very specific project in programming into a games-related one. unless you managed to develop a GUI for your C++ project that has Sonic in the background, your projects will have nothing to do with games until you go into games design... and even then, games design is just a good notch on the degree, not a sure fire way into the industry.
    the computers in my last college , the computers where getting on a bit , so their graphics cards where not up for rendering in Max ( i.e. it would take forever ).

DIT's facilities are not there to push the boundaries of computing. they're all standard dell computers. fine for programming and stuff, but not for rendering. the graphics are not pushing out anything significant numbers-wise, so even running Maya or Max would be a struggle. hell i'd imagine even photoshop would buckle the system if you pushed it...
    Binomate wrote:
    P.s. I'm not really homophobic, before someone picks up on that.... again.

banned for promoting man-love in an anti-homophobic manner.
    ;)

good luck turning a very specific project in programming into a games-related one. unless you managed to develop a GUI for your C++ project that has Sonic in the background, your projects will have nothing to do with games until you go into games design... and even then, games design is just a good notch on the degree, not a sure fire way into the industry.

Ah leave him off and let him try turn his projects into games.

If he makes it into second year with the attitude he has i'm sure PK will put him into place.

• Advertisement

orla wrote:
    If he makes it into second year with the attitude he has i'm sure PK will put him into place.
    Oh, That would be exceedingly delicious.

orla wrote:
    i'm sure PK will put him into place.

another college with a real lecturer asap?

"in the industry they do this..."

when in the name of god was the last time he was in "the industry"?

Binomate wrote:
    Oh, That would be exceedingly delicious.

Trying to turn a PK project into a game! madness

Sure the man wouldn't correct someones work because he asked for a do-while and they did a while loop!
    another college with a real lecturer asap?

"in the industry they do this..."

when in the name of god was the last time he was in "the industry"?

In fairness, he's only trying to get us to learn.

He's my hero.

He has an odd marking scheme. I know with 100% certainty that people who did better than me in C++ last year failed the exam, where as I passed the exam, some how.

It was a total mind phuck.

orla wrote:
    In fairness, he's only trying to get us to learn.

He's my hero.

you're clearly not a proper student then. my hero is the barman. yay.
    Binomate wrote:
    He has an odd marking scheme. I know with 100% certainty that people who did better than me in C++ last year failed the exam, where as I passed the exam, some how.

It was a total mind phuck.

was it a total mind "phuck" or did you spend any time at all on your knees? :p

was it a total mind "phuck" or did you spend any time at all on your knees? :p

Nah a certain 3rd year (lets call her Miss F) took up all of PK's time on her knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The scandal in Kevin St.

orla wrote:
    Nah a certain 3rd year (lets call her Miss F) took up all of PK's time on her knees.

ha, actually forgot about that.

"MY NAME IS OOOORLA", and so on.

In to 408 for a "quickie", so to speak.

• Advertisement

Binomate wrote:
    In to 408 for a "quickie", so to speak.

pics ftw.

Advertisement