Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nlos Bb?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Does anyone out there know if waymax is being trialed in the country?
    I've just being reading about it on Siemens website & could be the answer to all the dialup only problems...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

patpark121 wrote:
    Does anyone out there know if waymax is being trialed in the country?
    I've just being reading about it on Siemens website & could be the answer to all the dialup only problems...

You are referring to WiMax and it is being used by some operators. Unfortunately it is not the miracle to broadband enabling Ireland ..... certainly will help but not the be all and end all of it. Better marketing than perhaps the technology itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Chaz wrote:
    You are referring to WiMax and it is being used by some operators. Unfortunately it is not the miracle to broadband enabling Ireland ..... certainly will help but not the be all and end all of it. Better marketing than perhaps the technology itself.

Yeah, probably right. Only thing that caught my attention was the fact that it didn't depend on line of site at base station to receive & transmit. Cause where i live the only way is wireless, but it's with lastmile...enough said.:confused: That's why i was hoping something else was out there.
    I'll take any miracle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

digiweb 4g is on the horizon ( if you can see the Fingal county line)

thats NLOS .

Advertisement