Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Card Problems

Options
  • 16-08-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

I tried to use my AIB Banklink card today but got a message "Unauthorised Usage" and my card was returned without any money. I tried again at a few other ATMs but the same story at each. Now I plan to contact AIB tomorrow to get this sorted but I was wondering if they are able to reactivate cards there and then or would I have to wait until a replacement card is posted out. I will be working tomorrow so visiting a branch might be a problem and I was wondering if their Customer Service on the phone is any good (I have never really used them before) or is it a case that I really just have to visit a branch personally?

I really would need the card reactivate tomorrow as waiting until next week without any money for a replacement card to be posted out isn't a great option. Anyone ever encounter this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Call telephone banking/the number on the back of your card.

I'd imagine they'll send you a new card. After all, if the card really has been subject to unauthorised usage the details may have been cloned and reactivating it would just allow the clone card to be used as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Thanks for that. I was just assuming that the card wasn't working, I hadn't even considered that something more suspicious could have been going on.

Advertisement