Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You Think Of Craig Charles Involvement in Coronation Street?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Ok, so its one of the most well known soaps, and doubtless your mother or significant other spends most of their week watching it for at least 30mins while you sneak off for that personal quiet time, but my question is this, what do you feel about Craig Charles personal involvement in the soap which has seen him spend time away from the now (non exsistent) Red Dwarf movie? Are we ever going to see a scene where Charles joins Chris Barrie in the Rovers Return for a quick pint, before telling him what a complete and utter smeg head he is and pouring the pint over his head? That would be good

What Do You Think of Craig Charles appearing in Coronation Street? 8 votes

He does a fairly decent job, its good to see him in a new role
    0% 0 votes
    I hate it, I think he is really disgracing Listers good name
    12% 1 vote
    I hope Starbug arrives to pick him up outside the Rovers Return
    37% 3 votes
    Whatever happened to the Red Dwarf movie?
    50% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Ugh, get him out of that piece of sh1te:mad: I voted "I hope Starbug arrives to pick him up outside the Rovers Return" preferably with Kryten appearing as a barmaid and explaining to Lister that for the last few years he has been playing (rather badly) the total-immersion video game "Coronation St" and that its time to return to Red Dwarf:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Heh. "DYING" "U = CS".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've been just watching a fair few episodes and I am of the opinion Craig Charles should be immediately removed from Corrie (btw the way i'm a girl and have never watched this, don't give us all a bad name!) Craig Charles has to come back as Lister .... the smeghead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Correct me if I am wrong but is Craig Charles not a crack head now. i imagine he does Corrie to make enough to support his habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

kmick wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but is Craig Charles not a crack head now. i imagine he does Corrie to make enough to support his habit.

He returned to the soap because those charges were dropped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

I am the biggest RD fan in these parts, i was there from day one and have loved everyone in it, from Craig Charles as Lister and the rest of the cast...

you cant complain that he is on corrie coz he needs the money, the movie is in pre production as far as i can tell but if you are going to fault him for being in corrie then you might as well fault Robert Llewellyn for hosting Scrapheap Challenge or Danny John Jules for being in a kids show... at the end of the day they all need the money and cant live off RD conventions for the rest of their lives

so go ahead and complain about him being in it, but at the end of the day if you were in his situation you would do the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

True. But it doesnt mean we have to "like it" or "approve of it".

Honestly, the guy has had a hard time but I cant see any circumstances that could lead to Coronation Street.

Working streetcorners in the East End would be better than that!

Advertisement