Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Parts?

Options
  • 16-08-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Can Someone help me
    My Computer stalls when i play games such as Company of heroes but i have the requirements
    Any Ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Could be something overheating. Is there a way you can check the temperatures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

install speedfan. That can monitor most temps in yoru pc. or Coretemp if you have a core 2 duo cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

No its not overheating i have speedfan on the conputer and the temps are all below 40 Degrees

have you got all the latest drivers? Sound card, Gaphics card. Is windows up to date? Have you run a AV scan, and a spyware/malware scan ?

i think its a GFX card problem
    should i get new drivers from the manufacturer or what

• Advertisement

just get the drivers from www.nvidia.com if its a nvidia card, or www.ati.com if its a ati card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

My Computer stalls when i play games such as Company of heroes ...

You really should post at least a basic spec with questions like this , it helps a lot , but anyway ....

If you have an Nvidia card , Company of heroes is specifically mentioned in Nvidias driver release notes as a game their cards have issues with , some of these issues have been fixed with the latest drivers , go to their site and get the latest ones , and have a look at the release notes as well , see if there are any outstanding issues with that game.

its an ati 1950 pro and i have 2 GB RAM and amd 64 x2 6000+
    The Game was running fine before but now it does not

Are you running Vista by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

No its not overheating i have speedfan on the conputer and the temps are all below 40 Degrees

Check your temps after gaming - 40°C doesn't seem accurate for a gfx card. Do you have issues with every game you try? Have you tried re-seating your card?

• Advertisement

first of all i would never use the muck you call "Vista"
    secondly i have not tried any other games and have pulled apart my pc to find any problem

Have you got 3d mark 2005/2006 , if not get it here ,

http://www.futuremark.com/download/

Load it up and run it , do that several times , loop it if possible , this will stress test your card and let you know once and for all if its faulty or not, if it completes the test then post the results here.Your score will indicate if your machine needs work.

If there are inconsistencies , i.e. if there are wildly inconsistent scores every time you run , or if it wont complete the test , then you have a hardware problem.
    Try the test with different drivers also , there should be a difference between older and newer drivers.
    Make sure that the game has the latest patch installed.

If after all that , no problems seem to show up , then the game is just not compatible in some way with your set-up , it is a fairly demanding game spec wise after all ! And you wouldnt be alone , have a look at this.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=problems+running+company+of+heroes&meta=

I Only Have Dial Up At Home But I Will Download 3d mark tomorrow
    I Found That Windows Does not recogise My CPU COULD THAT BE IT:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Lol, pretty sure that isnt the problem. Sounds like a driver issue, as you said the game "was running fine before". Tried using system restore?

It Does Not Recognise the model of the CPU on the BIOS either and it said on the MSI website that it is not compatable
    When i tried 3d mark 05 it was not like normal and had white lines around the boarder of the screen and it was slower than usual

Even If I Leave My Computer On For More Than 1 Hour It Freezes Up when it is idle and when i do stress tests on all of the components it runs fine but then an hour later it freezes up
    Any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Even If I Leave My Computer On For More Than 1 Hour It Freezes Up when it is idle and when i do stress tests on all of the components it runs fine but then an hour later it freezes up
    Any Ideas?

Post up your full specs, including power supply and case.

Mobo:msi K9n Sli Platinum
    Ram:corsair Twin2x 5400 Ddr2 2gb
    Gfx:his Radeon X1950 Pro Pci-express
    Cpu:amd Athlon64 X2 6000+
    Psu:520 Watt
    HDD:1 X 250 GB IDE + 1x 250 GB SATA
    CD:LITE ON DVD+-RW

Advertisement