Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monday is way too far away......

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

hey
    i'm really worried about my cao points at the moment. My first choice was medicine in ucd, second choice med RCSI and then med NUIG. I got 570 yesterday but i'm in limbo from now until monday as im not sure if i get any one of my choices yet. Last yr med in ucd was 575*(*=random selection), RCSI was 570* and NUIG was also 570*. I was wondering are there any other ppl out there who are now in med somewhere who were in the same predicament as me when they did the leaving cert or who are unsure whether they got enough points this yr to secure them a place on a med course?
    I'm getting english and chemistry rechecked because i was extremely disappointed with the b1s i got in them and i'm definitely hoping eng goes up to an A1 which would deffo give me a place somewhere.
    Are there are ppl out there in the same boat as me or does anyone in Ucd have any success stories and finally do any of ya think i have a real chance with getting into one of em??

(btw i do have additional choices down after med so i will be going somewhere it's just my heart is set on med)

These are going to be a long three days...............................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Robbiethe3rd

I started in RCSI last year and I think there were 1 or 2 people who got in on 565 but the papers didn't seem to catch on to that, I think the medicine thing is on a bit of a slight downward trend (pointswise) due to less people sitting the exam and a few less applying.

Good luck anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

What is ppl? What does 'em' mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

ppl=people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

you=spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

For more information on internet abbreviations see this.

Good luck OP

• Advertisement

Carlow boy, your sense of witt amuses me. The OP, writes she got 570 in the Leaving, yet fails to spell basic words(choice or not). Slang is overated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

estebancambias your some troll tbh

No. The OP should take more time when writing. I did pass English for the LC, yet I always take time out to spell to the best of my ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Well aren't you just great? Shut up.

I got more than enough points for my course but still want the damn offer!

No, I'm the ultimate procrastinator, with many idiosyncrisies. I'm far from 'great'.

The OP writes ''i'm definitely hoping eng goes up to an A1 which would deffo give me a place somewhere''.

Why the hell did I not do Honours English? I would have passed with distinction.

• Advertisement

No, I'm the ultimate procrastinator, with many idiosyncrisies. I'm far from 'great'.

your a pedant and a troll at least from what iv seen in the last few days on this forum.

not gonna go further ot good luck on monday op if my course goes up too much im screwed too

I hope the OP does amazing, however is it too much to ask for people to write without the use of needless slang?

I hope the OP does amazing, however is it too much to ask for people to write without the use of needless slang?

why just to suit you?

if you find it hard to understand ignore it, if enough people have a problem and ignore it then they will have to rewrite it clearer to get a responce.

My hope is that the OP learns from their mistakes. All slang should be vanquished from the human vocabulary(with the exception of lol) as it provides no purpose.

Peakoutput what is your definition of the word 'troll'? It's a word that has been directed at me over the last two days on here, and honestly it's just plain bulls***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I know a guy who got into RCSI last year on 570. He was really worried about the whole thing, booked himself to repeat and all. You'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Ah, I'm a self-professed bigot. However, funnily enough I manage to back up my claims with fact. I get no amusement from writing my views on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Carlow boy, your sense of witt amuses me. The OP fails to spell basic words.

Wit has only got one T.

*I got served...I got served*

With Selphie's one sentence, I have been effectively put to the slaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

I FAILED english in the leaving cert, at least i know how to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

All slang should be vanquished from the human vocabulary(with the exception of lol) as it provides no purpose.

Of course it does. And besides, many words today are descended from slang words in the past. They won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

estebancambias ... so f*ckin what if ppl want to use slang in their posts !! btw it is their posts and looking at ur location on your profile you say wa? so tbh you are a troll .... the op is smarter than you .... are you jealous cos u got 300 odd in the lc ? seems that way to me !!! troll

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

steven22 wrote:
    estebancambias ... so f*ckin what if ppl want to use slang in their posts !! btw it is their posts and looking at ur location on your profile you say wa? so tbh you are a troll .... the op is smarter than you .... are you jealous cos u got 300 odd in the lc ? seems that way to me !!! troll

from my take of reading the past page r two of this thread i gathered he is taking the piss.....you most certainly get ure knickers in a twist far too easily. i would recommend getting this checked soon enough by a fully qualified person. i too suffered froma similar problem but now look at me...i got un twistable knickers....a success story if ever i heard one.

apologies for any typo's (typo means acidental spelling mistakes whilst typing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

OP, I'm in the same situation as you. I haven't applied for RCSI though (begining to regret that now). You do stand a relatively good chance of getting NUIG though.

And to all the other posters who decided to concentrate on the spelling issues raised istead of the matter at hand:
    There is a forum where you can debate the falling standards of english and the over-use of slang. However, the Leaving Cert forum is not the place for this. Read the charter if you don't believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Shakespeare banned for a week for trolling. Please don't feed trolls in the future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement