Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 broadband- how to know how much I have I got left? (forgot to reset counter)

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

On 3 since early July ( :( but that's another story). Forgot to reset the counter on the modem when the new month started. Is there any way to know what my usage is?

The 3 site is only geared up to 3 mobiles and says check yr handset. Obviously I can't do that, so how can I find out how much I've used.

Ironically even though the service is cr*p at the moment, I'm using a surprising amount of my allowance. I am having to reload pages over and over again, and download files umpteen times. Just don't want to go over, but don't want to stop using it either.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Either ring them or get something like NetLimiter - their couter on the connection software doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Remove SIM, place in handset. Ring 333 and listen and/or navigate to Planet3 then My3 then Check My Usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 saloon

dougal wrote:

Thanks for this- it seems to work, but how does it know it's me? I havent' logged in anywhere...

I used the modem on another PC I have and noticed that the built in counter only shows the usage on the PC it's connected to. It doesn't have a 'memory' of all the times I connected.

culabula wrote:
    Remove SIM, place in handset. Ring 333 and listen and/or navigate to Planet3 then My3 then Check My Usage.
    I dont' have a 3 handset...

• Advertisement

culabula wrote:
    I dont' have a 3 handset...

long_b wrote:
    Either ring them or get something like NetLimiter - their couter on the connection software doesn't work

I have Net-Timer 2000 that I used to use with my dial up ISP that also recognises 3. Thing is I am on the free trial version that expires after 30 days. It's outside the 30 day period now, so I have to be careful to click 'ok continue using trial version' each time I switch on the pc, otherwise it doesn't track usage .

You don't need one; any unlocked handset will do.

saloon wrote:
    Thanks for this- it seems to work, but how does it know it's me? I havent' logged in anywhere...

I used the modem on another PC I have and noticed that the built in counter only shows the usage on the PC it's connected to. It doesn't have a 'memory' of all the times I connected.

It works because you use it on the mobile -that's how it knows who you are. It's a dedicated address for mobile use.

Advertisement