Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car sales

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

I want to make bit of an income on the side selling cars.

I want to sell cars from the uk in Ireland.

At the moment I have set up a company for it but there are other things which I am lost on.

What is a tan number?

Vat Number?

I know that some dealers have there cars reged in the uk for 6 months,
    what is this for? Is it to avoid additional tax?

Is there a web site that I can I can go to such as a bluffers guide to selling cars from the uk in Ireland?

Thanks

xax

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Three little letters you should be aware of. VRT.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xax

I know that there is vrt .... aprox 30% depending on the car -

is there something more I should regarding this...I figure that dealers with the uk plates get this done when they have sold the car?

am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe you should work in the motor trade for a while, just to get some experience of different cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

what a stupid board :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

xax wrote:
    I know that some dealers have there cars reged in the uk for 6 months,
    what is this for? Is it to avoid additional tax?

To Avoid VRT i believe!!
    If you own it in the UK for 6 months and prove you were living there then you don't pay VRT when moving and bringing it over here with you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colm_mcm wrote:
    Maybe you should work in the motor trade for a while, just to get some experience of different cars.
    This the best advice so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭ptashka

have a browse through the previous UK import related threads.

the revenue might be after ya very soon, seeing that you have to register it in your own name in order to VRT it. And they will catch on fairly quickly to your source of extra income

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

For someone that wants to do it you have little info about what you have to do... and with the market the way it is at the moment, you'd be crazy to try and sell anything!

Advertisement