Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know My Phone Number, But Can't Figure Out An Account Number For BB Application.

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I am doing a favour for some friends, who know nothing about anything that has anything to do with Comms, BB etc.

They know their phone number, but don't know who is leasing their phone number to them, or what the eircom account number is, if they have one even. It could be BT:( :confused:

I know this sounds messed up, but these guys know nothing about their setup, they are in rented accommodation. Landlord knows even less.

Apparently, to cap it all off, nobody has paid a bill in ages. Yet the line is there.:confused: :eek:

I know this is obscure, and even hard to believe:D but if anybody can help me or point me in the right direction as to figuring this mess out I would be most grateful. The whole household wants to get BB in but have no details or anything.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How about ringing Eircom and asking if the number is theirs? Similarly with BT?

If they haven't been billed for ages it could be BT!:)

Have you established that the line will quality for BB before you start into this mess?

Also have you agreed anything with the landlord about any outstanding arrears on the line? I doubt if any company will provide bb while there are outstanding arrears on the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

pick up the phone and dial 19800, that will tell you who the call traffic is with at least. I'm pretty sure that's the correct number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

dub45 wrote:
    How about ringing Eircom and asking if the number is theirs? Similarly with BT?

If they haven't been billed for ages it could be BT!:)

Have you established that the line will quality for BB before you start into this mess?

Also have you agreed anything with the landlord about any outstanding arrears on the line? I doubt if any company will provide bb while there are outstanding arrears on the line.

Yeah, but how do I do that?? Cheers for the reply anyways bro. Apreeshy-ated.

pick up the phone and dial 19800, that will tell you who the call traffic is with at least. I'm pretty sure that's the correct number.

Ooookkkkayyy.

Nice one man.

Thanks for all replies.

My guess is that their dial up is BT as they haven't been charged in ages, so much so that they tell me it is "free"....

PS the number passes the line test.....:lol:

If the account is a BT account, I'll have a BT account number. Therefore, once I establish that, how do I get Eircom Broadband {which is what we want, lets face it, its better albeit costly} seeing as that to place an order with Eircom you need an Eircom AC #

Cheers fellas.:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's possible their call traffic is with BT but their line rental is still with Eircom, hence they will still have an eircom account no.

Advertisement