Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in rented accomodation

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Going to be moving into an apartment in Seamount Stillorgan within the month, and want to get broadband sorted out soon for it. Daddy's gotta get his fix, ohhh yeah. *ahem* Wondering what my various options in that kind of area are, if anyone knows, and what kind of process I'd need to go to get broadband into the rented place. Was thinking of going the clearwire or ripwave route, but there seem to be a few bad reports about them. All help appreciated!

-Aonghus

(P.S. There's four of us in the flat, but I'm planning on springing for a wireless router and wiring whatever we get into it)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Raphael wrote:
    Going to be moving into an apartment in Seamount Stillorgan within the month, and want to get broadband sorted out soon for it. Daddy's gotta get his fix, ohhh yeah. *ahem* Wondering what my various options in that kind of area are, if anyone knows, and what kind of process I'd need to go to get broadband into the rented place. Was thinking of going the clearwire or ripwave route, but there seem to be a few bad reports about them. All help appreciated!

-Aonghus

(P.S. There's four of us in the flat, but I'm planning on springing for a wireless router and wiring whatever we get into it)

Have you established what your landlord will allow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Raphael wrote:

-Aonghus

So......uhh....who is Raphael???:confused:

J/K

Basically:

establish phone line exists
    get hooked up with an account with Eircom
    test your number.

Thats one way.

Once the line passes the tests, just plough ahead on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

dub45 wrote:

WORD:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

dub45 wrote:
    Not yet, was planning on going for the BB in a box option, till I found out twas shoite =/. Will call her tomorrow
    IT Loser wrote:
    So......uhh....who is Raphael???

J/K

Basically:

establish phone line exists
    get hooked up with an account with Eircom
    test your number.

Thats one way.

Once the line passes the tests, just plough ahead on your own.
    =p

There's a phone line in the flat, but was hoping to be able to not have it and save money. Oh wells.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

Clearwire - If you want boardband speeds, dont bother.....dial-up is actually better than it.
    I used bt 3meg service in my old apartment...never once had a problem with them over 3yrs
    If you don't want phone line, try digiweb, never used them but they cant be slow than clearsh@te, it's physically impossible!!
    Maybe try the new offers from o2, vodafone and 3 , have heard mixed reports about them.
    hope this helps
    j:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement