Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody any experience of Digiweb

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi all....I'm thinking of moving to the new Digiweb Metro Wireless product. This is the one where they put an antennae on the roof and you can get broadband and telephone without the need for a landline. Anybody have any experience of them or the product. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 seataltea

I use the Metro Digiweb service just for BB and find it ok. The one problem I do find with the Metro service is that about 11.00pm every night i goes a bit haywire. It starts to drop and reconnect itself. Other then that i have no problems, just be careful with your downlload cap as they will send you a gentle reminder when you are getting close to it. It's cheap and i dont need a to pay Eirocm for a land line so i'm willing to put up with the dropping. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmmmm.

Tis grand I've had no disconnect problems ever.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/ for digiweb customers shows your own traffic, it's always the last 30 days, with 1 day's traffic dropping off the back and one added on the front on the 30 day Cap / traffic measurement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Have Metro here as well, no complaints. Only problem i ever had was the download cap, i hadn't realised it was a 30 day rolling window whatchamacallit, but wasn't that much of a big deal.
    No eircon is a major plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I know some friends who had it for a while. The only problems they had was when they didn't pay for it :rolleyes:, and when they went over the cap. They do enforce the cap, and they will throttle your connection to something silly when you go over it. Besides that it was pretty good - no trouble, and decent latency for games.

• Advertisement

Throttle is approx 70k to 100k. You actually don't notice on web pages, it was only when I tried to do a download I realised I was throttled. At least you don't get charged vast sums of money or cut off for over cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I have a Digiweb connection in work, it is great. I think we pay for 2Mb synchronous and get about 3.5Mb. It is a Metro connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Phone service with them is supposed to be muck. Search this forum for threads about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

No probs with Metro itself.

Not happy with the phone tho but don't care cos I'll be moving to a new place soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

...I have metro broadband by digiweb and no prblems, tech support is good and if there is a problem they cant fix it will be dealt with ASAP... but I do have one minor thing that im not sure about... my connection speed is meant to be 2mb/s, or maybe its 1mb/s either way, my download speed is only about 125-130kb/swithout any other webpages open or anything, my traffic is below the limit be about 3 megs so that shouldn´t be the problem...any ideas?? is this just me or is this the norm with all bb providers?

Thanks,

Darragh Kirwan

http://www.pointblankgym.com

Darassignature.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I think you're confusing bits with bytes.

darragh-k wrote:
    . my download speed is only about 125-130kb/swithout any other webpages open or anything, my traffic is below the limit be about 3 megs so that shouldn´t be the problem...any ideas?

I'm reasonably sure your download on Web Browser claims to be 125-130kB/s (big B= bytes).

Line speed is measured in bit/s where 8 bits = 1 Byte.

Also on Storage often k = 1024 and on speed k= 1000

Also there is an overhead, so 125-130kB/s download is 1Mbit/s to 1.3Mbits/s line speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 simplybikes

Thanks for the replies folks. Seems like I could do worse than move to Digiweb for BB, but reading peoples experience of the phone service means keeping the landline, which sort of defeats the purpose. It's a pity really, I like the sound of wireless and no land line (and no eircom).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Get blueface for VOIP or give digiweb a go, as its a free set-up (there's no extra hardware just plug your phone into the router socket). I got mine up and running yesterday and I got my blueface router in the post today! :o

I'll give digiweb phone a decent run out, if it works then I'll sell on the blueface gear.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I've used digiweb in limerick. No complaints at all. The occasional outage in very bad weather, but they've always sorted it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

My main problem with digiweb is how bad it gets between 7 and 10ish. I mainly use it for online games (cs) and between these times i get between 20 and 50 choke, making it virtually unplayable. Have the problem in south dublin atm and the same when i was in college in carlow....anyone have the same?

Advertisement