Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From the Horses mouth ....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Tesco are apparently looking for a site out in Annacotty. This imo is a stupid idea...castletroy is gonna have too many shopping areas if they keep springing up the way they do and then you have places like Corbally which only have two ridiculously sized supermarkets. Tesco Express is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Thanks guys, Il check those out

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

regarding castletroy and annacotty

there is planning permission in for a tesco at the vistakon roudabout for a store with a few other small shops included,

lidl have planning permission in for a store at the old halting site opposite chawkes.

and the castletroy shopping centre (superquinn) has been sold recently with the new owners talking about ripping down a portion of it and rebuilding it with larger stores

interesting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Does anyone have a postal address I could post CV for Tesco to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Does anyone have a postal address I could post CV for Tesco to?

Greenhills Hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Greenhills Hotel

I went in search of the leaflet that they sent around - but it must have ended up in the recycling..

But as Poxy said.. it's c/o the Greenhills Hotel, Ennis Road.. maybe put Tesco Recruitment as the main receipient..

regarding castletroy and annacotty

there is planning permission in for a tesco at the vistakon roudabout for a store with a few other small shops included,

lidl have planning permission in for a store at the old halting site opposite chawkes.

and the castletroy shopping centre (superquinn) has been sold recently with the new owners talking about ripping down a portion of it and rebuilding it with larger stores

interesting times ahead

The mind boggles as to why one suburb (albeit a big one) needs so many shopping centres? And the rate of developement and expansion is frankly worrying! If all this stuff will be happening in the next 1-5 yrs, what will the place be like in 15 or 20? Not that Im complaining you understand, its all good for me since I wont be living there long term but still....Maybe they're going a bit overboard? Anyone share my view?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Mackleton wrote:
    The mind boggles as to why one suburb (albeit a big one) needs so many shopping centres? And the rate of developement and expansion is frankly worrying! If all this stuff will be happening in the next 1-5 yrs, what will the place be like in 15 or 20? Not that Im complaining you understand, its all good for me since I wont be living there long term but still....Maybe they're going a bit overboard? Anyone share my view?
    ya castletroy is growing very fast alright! in terms of shops and shopping complexes i have to agree that they need to focus their minds on more amnities like a youth centre there with cool seats outside to chill and tons of pool tables inside and parks..ket town have a better busier atmosphere it deserves wit the shopping centres! ps i think those youth centres should be built around the suburbs of limerick as it reducces boredom which leads to unwantables! be cool to have somewhere to just chill out like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well, I imagine part of the reason so many places are being built out there is partly due to the new roads being built, they aren't just being built for locals but also to deal with people who are bypassing the city.

Ya there is the through-traffic as well you're right. Also DAVE I completely agree on the youth centres idea, much better use of space and money to provide somewhere for kids and teens to go of an evening, rather than loitering and intimidating people, it was done in my area and it improved the social scene no end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Actually with all the new supermarkets spinging up one area that is getting left behind is Dooradoyle/Raheen. They still have the have the same old Tescos (formerly Quinnsworth) that's been there 30+ years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

With the Crescent though you could hardly call Raheen/Dooradoyle deprived of shopping facilities.

Advertisement