Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed about papers for pup??

Options
  • 16-08-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking into getting an alaskan malamute and need to get papers with it as I want to show it, and have found a few advertised around Ireland, even though there are no breeders registered with the IKC. so would these pups have papers or be able to get them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Padjo1981 wrote:
    so would these pups have papers or be able to get them??

No ...and yes.

No papers but if you'd insist, I'm sure someone will provide you with fake ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

Watch when they say Five generation papers as it is just some thing they bought of the internet.:mad: :mad: A friend nearly got caught with that only I was there. was worth the paper it was printed on. She had the cheek to be charging the same price as a ikc or ekc reg dog. Was check with the kennel club. When specking take the reg number first and phone the kennel club and confrum all details. date of birth colour etc and mother and father and who has breed the dog. Chat soon hope this helps:D :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭marystar

when are they supposed to give you the reg number anyway ??? when ur getting it or a few weeks later ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

when you are getting it. you can not trust someone to send it. I had a friend buy a pup paid the money and took the dog home and the breeder said they would send on the papers, never got them. phoned and phoned and they then cut there phone off.:mad: always check with the kennel club. If they say they are waiting on papers contact the kennel club with the mothers reg number and confirm it. I hope this my help.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

thanks guys, I got it all sorted, pup is at home papers and all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭marystar

whats the difference of getting a puppy from a person out of the paper that says registered , or getting refered to a breeder from the ikc ? .. this is what i cannot understand .. because in the paper they will say registered .. but when i rang the ikc they said the breeders they refer you to will never be in the paper ??? I ve seen pb labs with parents, that as far as i can tell & i have owned them before looking excatly how they should .. that were from people in the paper.
    I wasnt looking for a "show dog" just a ordinary lab is fine .. my last was a pb but maybe a bit small for a lab,but he was a deffo a lab, & had papers ,but im not sure (as i was 11 when i got him) if was reg with ikb , is there other groups they can be registered with ??? & how can you tell if papers are forged ??

Advertisement