Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No, 515 looks brilliant. You'll just clog up the system for those who desperately need to appeal. By all means, look at your papers, but unless you're a few marks short..don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Does anyone think its worth getting stuff rechecked for the sake of appearance on your CV? I have the points i need by far (got 515 needed 315) but as it will be the only "degree" I will have for the next 4 years, would it be worth trying to go up maybe 15 points to look better?

Not just for me but for other people who could be in a similar position.

Damn right, your more then entitled to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I think im going to agree with corruptedmorals. I will get them rechecked, however, if i can get 560 points, but going up 45pts will be nigh on impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lara Croft

I'm probably getting Maths rechecked (got an A2) and Physics (C2). Hopefully I can get up to 400~ pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

All this talk of rechecks is total bullsh*t right now. I don't know what I'm getting rechecked until I have a look at the papers next weekend. Its impossible to know that you should go up a grade when the grades are so specific(B1s, A2s etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

If I look at my music, I can work out the percentage I got for my practical. Just interested to see how generous they are. It would be great if they told you in the results in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

anyone else feel they were marked unfairly in this subject???
    (French)
    Yep. I was on for an A2 in French, but wound up with a B3.

I was an A1 student through all of 5th and 6th year and got an A2. Not disappointed but my teacher said I should definately recheck it. I was quite surprised because the tape, oral and reading comps were simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Not disappointed but my teacher said I should definately recheck it. I was quite surprised because the tape, oral and reading comps were simple.

That's exactly me.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

obl wrote:
    Yep. I was on for an A2 in French, but wound up with a B3.

OH MY GOD, ARE U ME!!! Exact same thing. And I'm 5 points off my course. Killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I'm gonna view the all but it's looking likely that I'll check Geography Economics and French. Can't understand my Irish, don't know how English can be corrected like. Was surprised with my Business result to be honest! But if I'm 1/2% off a script I'm probably gonna get it checked for the hell of it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

obl wrote:
    That's exactly me.

I second that motion!

Advertisement