Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore - boom town!

Options
  • 16-08-2007 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just trawling through the latest CSO publication from the 2006 census (housing matters) and saw this

3,496-261-146-153-213-564-328-213-515-1,007

The first number is the total number of private houses in Tramore, the last number is the amount of homes built since 2001! 30% of all homes less than
    5 years old. :eek: Okay a few homes get demolished/rebuilt but thats a huge net increase.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oh look an internet funny guy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Growth in Tramore is huge. Housing estates are being built anywhere possible - and the council dont seem to bothered. Its bad enough that we dont have a sewerage scheme that supports our current population, the last thing we need is to go increasing the population. It just seems to me that every bit of greenery / wood area is being torn down to build houses. Its a shame really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Well from talking to a lot of people in the past who are from Waterford, Tramore seems to have always been a place that a lot of Waterford people wanted to live. Unlike lots of developments around the city, those in Tramore always seem to be snapped up relatively quickly..

Well all those that arent crazily priced, like the new ones up by the golf club which are beiong sold for crazy money, €750k iirc, and no one is buying em.

So I'm not surprised about that. I could probably name 2 or 3 dozen people who I know from Waterford city who've sold up and moved to Tramore.. A lot still work in Waterford but just find it a better and nicer place to live/

I do agree with the issue of sewerage and waterworks being severely over stretched through and that is up to the council to sort. With the housing market gradually slowing, this is a good time for them to get the finger out and start doing something about it.

Tox

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think those houses are selling, slowly but I do believe they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Think the public transport could be improved seeing that we're all going the one way one person one car it's ridiculous, while it's not the worst service it wouldn't entice most people out of their cars as it currently takes more time to take the bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Any chance of a Luas between Waterford and Tramore?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Ideal but could never see it happening not unless its forced on us , such as the up coming oil shortages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Digging up the railway line was such a dumb idea!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

IIRC, in the census figures, it states that the growth in Waterford City's population was about 1,000 (of course that's just the council area, not counting SoKK/North Waterford).

The population growth for Tramore though was also about 1,000, although it's only one-fifth the size (which in itself is bigger than some of the towns currently complaining about losing cancer services).

This means that Tramore's growth rate is five times that of the city. Definitely a popular place.

Who can be surprised though? I mean, it's a gorgeous place, apart from the 'Mun in de Sun' part down by the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

bullpost wrote: »
    Any chance of a Luas between Waterford and Tramore?

hopefully not, bad enough tramore being full of dublin scumbags in baseball caps in the summertime without them coming into the city as well,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

hopefully not, bad enough tramore being full of dublin scumbags in baseball caps in the summertime without them coming into the city as well,

So true, and plus they didnt dig up the old railroad just for the crack.

Advertisement