Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backyard wrestling

• 16-08-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

game_517.gif

I have been watching a few backyard wrestling DVD’s and documentaries the last few weeks and I wanted to get peoples opinion on back yard wrestling. I’m not a big fan of backyard wrestling as they could kill themselves doing what they do and I think if any one wants to get into wrestling then they should go to a wrestling school. Has anyone ever been in a back yard fed.? Is there many running in Ireland that you know of? Some of these kids on the DVDs have got talent and should go to a wrestling school to see if they can make, but most of them don’t I think it could be a money issue, anyway, your thoughts on backyard wrestling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I despise 'yard tards' so much. Actual wrestling is so much different than backyard wrestling. These kids think they're the cheese because they can do a 450 from a shed onto a backgarden table. Get some God damn training, and stop acting like morons.

I know some wrestlers begin their careers doing backyard wrestling, ie. The Hardys, Foley, CM Punk but for every Jeff Hardy there is a Low Ki, or Samoa Joe, or Bryan Danielson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Backyarders need to grow the **** up, these are the same retards whos parents will try to sue a wrestling promotion afterwards because "they saw it on TV".

Yup... down with this sort of thing.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I can't say that I've seen much backyard wrestling, but anything that I have is always purely about the moves, they have no concept of selling or psychology or story-telling. And what's a wrestling match based on moves? Just an exhibition in crappy stunts

If they're serious about wrestling then they should go to a wrestling school

I remember seeing a website of some backyard fed in Wicklow, I'll see if I can find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Fozzy wrote:
    I can't say that I've seen much backyard wrestling, but anything that I have is always purely about the moves, they have no concept of selling or psychology or story-telling. And what's a wrestling match based on moves? Just an exhibition in crappy stunts

If they're serious about wrestling then they should go to a wrestling school

I remember seeing a website of some backyard fed in Wicklow, I'll see if I can find it

I seen this site a few years ago, I'ts not upto date so it must be over now.
    http://www.icw2000.homestead.com/

I can't see much on that site and I couldn't find the one I saw before, but I did come across a Bebo page of some Wicklow backyard fed complete with photos of a fat kid throwin smaller lads around a garden

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    I can't see much on that site

http://www.geocities.com/icw20002002/

Lol Fozzy.

Yeah, that link isn't working for me

It worked a second ago for me, but not anymore.

It still works for me, it's just a free website some backyarders made, nothing great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

morons who know nothing about ring psychology or working a match,smacking one of your mates through a plate of glass takes no talent, learn the real thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Just found this on the I.C.W. site
    To order send your order to...

Mr.Mark Fitzpatrick

50 New Caragh Court

Naas

Co.Kildare

(Cash Only) + €5.00 P&P

Mark Fitzpatrick, could this be the original Irish Dragon? How embaressing!

Mark Fitzpatrick, also known as the original Irish Dragon. How embaressing!

Not quite as embarrassing as your spelling skills ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Heh, right you are. Let me try that again...Embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Yup... down with this sort of thing.
    VR!
    Careful now!

Just found this on the I.C.W. site

Mark Fitzpatrick, could this be the original Irish Dragon? How embaressing!

Not sure, I did not post this to put any one down in any way, if it is the same guy then I am glad he went to a wrestling school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I think backyard wrestling is awesome, quote this if you're down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

kyp_durron wrote:
    I think backyard wrestling is awesome, quote this if you're down.

Thats right, take these guys as an example: www.grandslamwrestling.moonfruit.com

tony1212 wrote:
    Thats right, take these guys as an example: www.grandslamwrestling.moonfruit.com

2 wrestlers on the roster, your "PPVs" must be great! :rolleyes:

You guys are going to get hurt, if you want to be a wrestler then why not go to a wrestling school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 backyard boy

i have a bywf and am too stupid to get or endorse proper training.
    I'm also banned! Woo woo woo! YOU KNOW IT! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think I did an IT course with the guy who calls himself Vegeta.

He was a complete loser.

I also know some of the guys from Bray who put some of their backyard stuff on bebo. I told them I thought they were idiots for doing it and one of them would end up seriously hurt.

Fairly certain they don't do it any more.

Holy zombie resurrection! A two year old backyard wrestling thread rehashed because someone is trying to endorse everything Pro Wrestling is against?

Locked... Woo woo wooo! You know it!
    lock.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement