Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade from K750i to K800i ...... sigh

• 16-08-2007 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Just got a K800i as an upgrade from my K750i but I aint impressed :(

I LOVE my K750i, and i have the MXE-60 camera flash which is amazin!

So i thought the K800i would be the same, just with the flash built in, but no

yes, the flash is good and cam is higher res, but the quality is the same, if slightly lower than the K750i. the extra 1.2 Mp doesnt do much

it has flash, so no LED photo light

this means no Torch, and no light for video, like I had on the K750i

And scrolling through menus is slower, and the volume of music is lower

It's got more features, but nothin I'd really use [Bestpic, 3G....]

Ill give it a few days, if not, i shall sell it and get the W810i

Anyone else unhappy with the K800i????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Battery life and size are the only 2 major things that bug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maddflogg

Check at esato.com, dedicated SE-forum...yeah, quite a few "unhappy" ones! But SE are quite open re. their biz-strategy, is all I say! (just think p990i, and see what they did with p1...but don't trust me: check on esato...after k750i I "left" SE for nokia...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

If the battery life is bothering you, just turn off 3G.
    Its probably your settings that make the pictures not look as good, I dont use the Auto settings and pics are better now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Theres also a Java App that you can get that turns on the Red-Eye reduction light, so you can get around not having the "photo light" that way.

I would have held out till November so you could have gotten the K850i. (on O2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Photo quality is far far better! Upload some of the photos to your computer and you should change your mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I have to disagree. I love the K800i. I got it right after the K750 and I have never looked back really. Dont use the video but the camera is way better and the battery lasts 4 to 5 days of moderate use. I may be a minority here but I am really happy with the K800i.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have to disagree. I love the K800i. I got it right after the K750 and I have never looked back really. Dont use the video but the camera is way better and the battery lasts 4 to 5 days of moderate use. I may be a minority here but I am really happy with the K800i.

I've never tried the k750 but I love my k800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

As much as I love my K750i, that MXE-60 flash isn't worth a curse I've never gotten a decent picture with it - and don't forget more megapixels means more options later especially if you like to edit your photos - when it comes to cropping photos you need a higher resolution - this is where the difference shows between 2 and 3.2 mp - you can do very little with a 2mp image later on.
    I'd be happy to sacrifice the torch(although it has saved my butt a few times!) for a proper flash and the only reason I don't have a K800i is because Meteor don't flippin' have them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

What? the flash is amazing!

And the K800i's flash ALWAYS gives people red eyes!

scrolling through the K750i's menus is so much faster, and the white LED light makes photos focus in faster, and limits any blur

even the way the cam cover slides open is better on the k750i!

I think im gna sell the K800i

get a W810i and use my flash when I need it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement