Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Guinness Rugby Pack Ireland and n ireland

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

got mine last monday - nice freebie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

I got mine also lads, nice one!!

Only problem is - I cant find an off licence that will accept the vouchers, they say they never heard of them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anywhere that sells guiness have to redeem them!!

I got mine in the post yesterday aswell!! All I am waiting for now is my poker set!! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

goslie wrote:
    I got mine also lads, nice one!!

Only problem is - I cant find an off licence that will accept the vouchers, they say they never heard of them!

Its only the Supermarkets who redeem the vouchers- offlicences don't exchange 3rd party vouchers (the LVA passed a motion on it 3 or 4 years ago). Its possible that an offlicence may accept the voucher- but improbable. Try your local supermarket.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

i changed mine in Superquinn - no quibble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

got mine just there.. not a bad freebie at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick bump for this!

Anyone get another voucher from Guinness for a further 2 cans of Guinness? I haven't used my 1st so i'll need to make a 2nd trip to get my 4 cans.

Both need to be used by October 7th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

beano wrote:
    did the people who received their packs get an email saying that their application had been successful or did the package in the post come out of the blue?

Nah none yet, i signed up on the 22/8, maybe tomoro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Nor me. Don't really care cause I don't drink the stuff.

Nor me. Don't really care cause I don't drink the stuff.

Im more interested in the rest of the rugby pack that was on offer, the cans i'll give away as a prize to someone else :D if any comes at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

standbyme wrote:
    Im more interested in the rest of the rugby pack that was on offer, the cans i'll give away as a prize to someone else :D if any comes at all :(

Did you only get vouchers for cans?? I got the pack alright but didn't get the follow up voucher for more of the black stuff. I'm sure most of the cans have been thrown unopened at the TV with the way the team are playing.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Got mine last week - T Shirt cool but Large is not big enough. My son got it instead. Two more vouchers arrived on Friday.

Hopefully we beat the Argies by enough and Guinness have to send out 2 more for the annihilation, oooops I meant quarter final!!

Maybe they'll then send two more for the wake! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

I received my voucher today for 2 cans of Guinness !! Yippee..... All I need now is the rest of the Kit that I never received !!! :( I musk ask the postman wearing the rugby T-shirt has he seen my Guinness Rugby Pack anywhere!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

finally managed to use the vouchers in Dunnes in Blanch, yippee. Drank them watching the match last Friday night while wearing the t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

basquille wrote:
    Quick bump for this!

Anyone get another voucher from Guinness for a further 2 cans of Guinness? I haven't used my 1st so i'll need to make a 2nd trip to get my 4 cans.

Me too, I decided to share the love aka share the coupons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Got the pack yesterday.
    Same as all above
    T-Shirt, Glass, Vouchers and some reading material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

basquille wrote:
    Quick bump for this!

Yep, got my second set of vouchers early in the week and used them all on Monday night. Picked up 6 cans, only paid for 2. Not bad at all. Exchanged them in a Centra Off licence, no problem.

Haven't had cans of Guinness in a long time, pretty decent.

I probably still have something on its way to me- the post here always takes a few days longer (Lucan village :( ) An Post blame all the new housing estates that refuse to use Dublin 22 in their address :confused:

Just got an e-mail from Guiness inviting me to join their "Infinity Bar".......
    Whats all this about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

smccarrick wrote:
    Just got an e-mail from Guiness inviting me to join their "Infinity Bar".......
    Whats all this about?

Is it not the gravity bar? Which is in the guiness store house?

APM wrote:
    Is it not the gravity bar? Which is in the guiness store house?

No- it looks like its some sort of a website?
    The e-mail I got from Guinness was slightly mangled- I have a username for the website, but no password...... It looks like an extension of their current marketing campaign :confused:

Their website is incredibly slow- its taking almost 10 minutes to load pages- and its definitely not my connection. I think I might ping it and see where on earth its hosted.

S.

100% packet loss on all Guinness's corporate websites......
    What are they up to?
    Looks like someone is DOS'ing them.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

smccarrick wrote:
    No- it looks like its some sort of a website?
    The e-mail I got from Guinness was slightly mangled- I have a username for the website, but no password...... It looks like an extension of their current marketing campaign :confused:
    Yeh the same for me...have a username but no password.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lads, any issues with trying to redeem the vouchers for the cans, I went into a filling station with a large off license there yesterday and they would not take the voucher. Should they have?

yop wrote:
    Lads, any issues with trying to redeem the vouchers for the cans, I went into a filling station with a large off license there yesterday and they would not take the voucher. Should they have?

Its discretionary on the part of the retailer whether they accept the vouchers or not. Most supermarkets and some offlicences are happy to honour them. Some are not. Try your local supermarket.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

smccarrick wrote:
    Its discretionary on the part of the retailer whether they accept the vouchers or not. Most supermarkets and some offlicences are happy to honour them. Some are not. Try your local supermarket.

S.

Same here , my local offy said we don't deal with them! ...Don't deal with Guinesses ? I was shocked , then I noticed the voucher was worth €2.15 and they were selling cans @ €2.20 ...

Anyways , I'll try in Tescos later

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

LizardKing wrote:
    Same here , my local offy said we don't deal with them! ...Don't deal with Guinesses ? I was shocked , then I noticed the voucher was worth €2.15 and they were selling cans @ €2.20 ...

Anyways , I'll try in Tescos later

Cheeky mares, let us know how u get on in Tesco. Will have to send the wifey on a little shoppin trip if u get on alright in Tesco :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I've cashed about 7 tokens = 14 cans in Dunnes Stores no problem

andrew1977 wrote:
    I've cashed about 7 tokens = 14 cans in Dunnes Stores no problem

Ye gods- its no wonder Guinness are having such bad marketing problems :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

yop wrote:
    Cheeky mares, let us know how u get on in Tesco. Will have to send the wifey on a little shoppin trip if u get on alright in Tesco :D

Tesco took em no prob's , just came off as a coupon at the end of the receipt.

• Advertisement

Ah! all this talk bout beer tokens, & yet i got nada in the post :(:confused:

Suppose there's no chance in following this up with someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I cashed 2 tokens (4 cans) in Tesco as well. No problem. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Got the surprise of a voucher for another two free cans in the post this morning :)

Ditto- the 4th voucher in my case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't use my first 2 vouchers! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

|Cookies wrote:
    ditto!

that makes this this..3rd voucher=)
    Same here. Already used the other 2 vouchers (4 cans) in Dunnes no probs. Got another voucher for 2 today. Going mad I didn't sign up for a load of the Rugby packs now!! Wouldn't have felt guilty either cos I drink pints of Guinness when out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's the gift that just keeps on giving. Great promotion by Guinness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got my 3rd voucher :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Got my 3rd too! Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

One for me also today.. thank you guinness for numerous freebies over the past few weeks, i must have easily got a tray of free vouchers out of them by signing up various people

But as my dad says.. sure you must have shares in Guinness the amount of money i contribute to their profits:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement