Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flynn begins paying settlement for failed libel action

Options
  • 17-08-2007 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Reading this one gathers that "begins paying settlement" actually means "payment is in the process of being made electronically." What exactly does that mean?

Begins paying, in the real world means starting to hand over some of the cash. Wonderful way with words. What happens next?

Flynn begins paying settlement for failed libel action
    Thursday August 16 2007

Beverley Flynn has begun settling her legal bill with RTE after a failed libel action against the broadcaster.

The Independent Mayo TD owes RTE €1.25m in legal costs.

Solicitors for Ms Flynn contacted RTE today to confirm that payment is in the process of being made electronically.

Bankruptcy proceeding against Ms Flynn were adjourned in June until October on the understanding that she would settle the above amount in full.

She has until tomorrow to do so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Flynn begins paying RTÉ settlement
    Thursday, 16 August 2007 22:03
    The Independent Mayo TD Beverley Flynn has begun paying RTÉ money owed in settlement of her failed libel action.

Ms Flynn has until tomorrow to pay the €1.25m settlement.

A spokesman for RTÉ confirmed today that payment is being made electronically.

Bankruptcy proceedings against Ms Flynn were adjourned until 8 October on the understanding that she would settle in full by tomorrow.

A spokesman for RTÉ confirmed today that payment is being made electronically.

Is payment being received electronically? With the speed of electronic payments we won't be kept waiting too long - or will we?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I admire her! Its not everyone who can go from having sweet FA a few months ago to being in a position to pay off €1.25m.

Just waiting for confirmation from RTE that the cash has actually been paid in full! There is far too much smoke and mirrors in these "deals". I see her sister is pretty good at lawbreaking as well...

Only in Ireland!:mad:

Electronic transfers can take time to clear, i don't see what the point of this thread is beyond increasing post counts.

Electronic transfers can take time to clear, i don't see what the point of this thread is beyond increasing post counts.

Read what you have written and cherish the thought that your personal count has increased with a pointless comment.

Now back on topic - the money was supposed to have be paid in full by Friday last and the question was if RTE have actually received the money! I get the impression that Bevereley is stalling. My electronic payments get out of my bank account with some rare speed.

How long would this electronic payment take to clear in your estimation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

kbannon wrote:
    I admire her! Its not everyone who can go from having sweet FA a few months ago to being in a position to pay off €1.25m.
    You think that she put in a few extra hours here and there in Dail Eireann to make that up on overtime? (!)

No, she has never had "SFA" ever. Pee is loaded, her partner is one of the wealthiest people in the state, she is loaded herself. It is well known how she has money, but still on paper doesn't have a thing.

Some shufflig of assets "electronically" between the three mentioned above and possibly others is all it would take to fund her failed (ridiculous) libel action.

Heinrich wrote:
    How long would this electronic payment take to clear in your estimation?
    3 working days if both have different banks.

I too fail to see the merit of a thread on how long it takes for electronic transactions.
    Try here for that but open a new thread.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement