Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team v Derby [match thread]

Options
  • 15-08-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Jenas has been ****e, Steed is out of position, Robbo has been cought out of position to many times, he needs a wake up call - with the right support our proven goal scorrers from last season wil get goals. We have width in our squad - Use it Jol! As for the defence, we will just have to do the best we can.

Cerny

Chimbonda - Rocha - Stalteri - Lee

Routledge - Malbranque - Boateng - Taarabt

Keane - Berbatov

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kierano29

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/berbablow150807.html

Except for the fact that Berba is out for a couple of weeks. At least we have a 16M replacement. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Just read a list of injured players on 606 Chat and Kp Boatang was on it. Obviously no proof behind it but the idea of it makes me puke. We need a panic buy for an expierienced midfielder and prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Cerny
    Chimbonda Dawson Rocha Zakora
    Huddlestone Ghaly Taarabt Malbranque
    Keane Bent

And i'm going over!!

Robinson is hopeless for crosses - never again do i want to see Staltieri - i'd chance Ghaly without his shirt - Malbranque only cause we have no one else -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

galinka wrote:
    Cerny
    Chimbonda Dawson Rocha Zakora
    Huddlestone Ghaly Taarabt Malbranque
    Keane Bent

And i'm going over!!

Robinson is hopeless for crosses - never again do i want to see Staltieri - i'd chance Ghaly without his shirt - Malbranque only cause we have no one else -

Huddlestone in the middle and routledge on the wing. send Ghaly to Boro just to keep the fat boy company :D

Meant to put Hudd in centre alright.

I have no prob with Ghaly.

Routledge is worse than Malbranque and far too lightweight for me.
    Another one for Boro??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I think he should defo drop Robinson tomorrow

Here goes...depending on dawson / Bale fitness

Cerny
    Chimbo Daws Rocha Bale

Routledge Hud Zokora Malbranque

Keane/ Defoe Bent

JJ needs a spell being dropped also ...might wake him up a bit and take your pick between defoe and keano to partner Bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Robbo not to blame for me, so he stays in.

With nobody returning (worst case scenario) I'd line up like this:

Robbo
    Chimbonda Rocha Gardner Stalteri
    Routledge Murphy Zokora Steed
    Defoe Bent

Subs: Boateng, Taarabt, Keane, Ifil

Keane cannot be allowed to drop deep, that's why I've chosen Defoe. We need to keep pressure on derby for 90 minutes, I'm hoping Murphy and Routledge can provide the balls in to Bent and Defoe. Zokora to not move out of his own half, the CBs need protection.

I've also considered a reprieve for Hossam Ghaly, he's the only sqaud player we have who I know would kick the fcuk out of the other team. Think we need a nasty edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Bale & Dawson definately out (I hear)

Robbo
    Stalteri Rocha Chimbonda Gardner
    Steed Jeans Tainio
    Bent Berbatov Keane

Berbatov is out Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Berbatov is out Shane.

Defoe in then

Our strength (on paper) seems to be in attack
    Don't think Derby could hold out for long against Defoe/Keane/Bent combo.
    4/4/2 was a disaster so 4/3/3 is definately worth a whirl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Bale & Dawson definitely out (I hear)

Robbo
    Stalteri Rocha Chimbonda Gardner
    Steed Jeans Tainio
    Bent Berbatov Keane
    Yes I heard that, Yip a maybe! So....given that, and the fact that Stalteris a natural RB and Gardner is actually Left Footed (yes it's true) I would put Gardner out to LB where he can do as least harm as passable.

Cherny

Stalteri(natural RB) - Chimbonda(needs must) - Rocha(will do he's best) - Gardner(left footed):)

Routladge(natural LW) - Jenas(errr) - Steed(natural CM) - Taarabt(left footed)

Bent and Keane to start
    (Defo as needed):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

He's Not Goin To Drop Robbo...he's Englands Number 1...u Wouldnt Understand..jol Would Never Drop The National Goal Keeper..sure Robbo Pulls Off Brill Save's..everyone Forgets..its Lik Shay Given Being Dropped At Newcastle..everyone Here Would Be In Up Roar..!!!!! Jenas Should Play Tmw Too...if He Gets A Goal He's Confidence Goes Up...come On U Spurs...!!! :):):)

Tomorrow's game is available on Setanta Sports 1 (in Ireland only!) at 3pm.

+two threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Tomorrow's game is available on Setanta Sports 1 (in Ireland only!) at 3pm.

Thanks for that Ronan. Missed the last game on Setanta.

:D
    I've also considered a reprieve for Hossam Ghaly, he's the only sqaud player we have who I know would kick the fcuk out of the other team. Think we need a nasty edge.

My reason for picking him exactly Ronan.

A guy loses 3 teeth and plays on will do for me and loss of wages for the shirt business.

galinka wrote:
    :D

My reason for picking him exactly Ronan.

A guy loses 3 teeth and plays on will do for me and loss of wages for the shirt business.

Beggers can't be choosers and that guy will always have a place in my heart for his goal against Chelski. Tainio and him will put a foot in. I didn't take the Jersey throwing incident in a bad way. I prefer to see a player frustrated about being subbed. I'm sure it wasn't meant how it was interpreted. In fairness he can never be accused of not giving 110% just sometimes he's not good enough on the ball. But he tries which I love to see.

GHALY FOR TOTTENHAM !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Great stuff the game is on setanta,this is a bonus wanna see us get our first points and push on

Robbo
    Chimbonda
    Rocha
    Gardner
    Lee
    Malbranque
    Jenas????
    Hudd
    Routledge
    Keano
    Bent

Subs
    Defoe
    Cerny
    Stalteri
    Taarabt
    Zokora

Personally i would have had zokora in for jenas!

[thread merged - reckless]

At least Routledge starts, and Lee is infinitely better than Stalteri.

As for Jenas? Hope he reacts well to Tuesday night, and hop the boo boys don't single him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Would have liked to see Defoe start;

Great to see YPL @ left back....

The Hudd and JJ better get stuck in.....!

Is the game on Setanta?

COYS!!

• Advertisement

2-0 COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 mins gone

Holy F**K!!! 3-0. Best start to a Spurs match in memory. All you Steed and JJ critics be gone. Get in.
    I know it's only Derby but hows that for response to criticism.

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

Rams To The Slaughter!!!

Bent off the mark!!

Taarbatt looks hungry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

:mad: The Sky system in the local pub was on the blink, and the "Setanta" offering on Chorus is a misleading joke because it didn't have the match :mad:

Will have to settle for watching the highlights tonight, but at least they'll be worth watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

FXCK all you Martin Jol doubters!!!! Super Spurs!!!!

Snake ;)

FXCK all you Martin Jol doubters!!!! Super Spurs!!!!

Snake ;)
    Here here

Liam Byrne wrote:
    :mad: The Sky system in the local pub was on the blink, and the "Setanta" offering on Chorus is a misleading joke because it didn't have the match :mad:

The game was on Setanta Sports 1, not Setanta Sports (free with Chorus). Its one of their subscription channels.

Great performance today,the only player i was a bit dissappointed with was keano he was a bit off the pace(passes astray, misfiring in front of goal)
    Does anyone else think JD should be let off the leash next sunday he looks very hungry to me.Also after criticising jenas all week i must hold my hands up and say he played well lets hope he shows this against stronger opponents.Taarabt turned them inside out taking the p*ss at times.COYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The game was on Setanta Sports 1, not Setanta Sports (free with Chorus). Its one of their subscription channels.

Yup - I'm all to well aware of that.......it didn't come across as what was promised when Chorus announced that they'd have Setanta, and to add insult to injury Setanta Sports 1 & 2 were temporarily free for a few weeks back in July.....when there was nothing worth watching on them!

Advertisement