Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of balcony (satellite dish)

Options
  • 17-08-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

if the sat dish is mounted inside the balcony (mounted with clamps to a metal pole, no drill holes, no parts of the dish rise over the balustrade) - is the estate management right with demanding to remove it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What does your lease/management contract state?

Also, I don't think you actually own the balcony. Sounds crazy but I've seen this posted many times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

You'll have to look at your lease agreement - see an example of one:

The Lessee will agree to:
    Not alter the exterior of the premises or the patio/balcony/terrace (if any) thereof without the approval in writing of the Lessor. Exterior decorations are to be kept to a minimum and should pose no threat to the surrounding areas.

I've seen where a free standing satellite has been set up on a balcony, and it went all well until a stormy night and the satellite ended up on the ground below. IMO any satellite dishes are a no no. Check with your managing agent first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

as the others have poiinted out it depends on your lease....

my one basically said nothing is to be stored on the balcony or erected outside the actual apartment.. that goes for satellite dishes and believe it or not Alarm boxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, they can make you take it down, just as they can insist you don't dry clothes on the balcony. Why? Because it makes your development look like a sink estate.

I used to live in a development where the management company would come around once a month to cut down the satellite dishes that people had put up despite knowing full well dishes weren't allowed :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In my old appartment I found that alot of the residents used to place the dish inside the apt on a table by the sliding doors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

THX all for your input! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mini Maple

hi, its the long term lease you sign when you buy an apartment, you never actually own the building... they have control over your balcony, and what the building looks like i.e. no bell boxes or satalite dishes, they can even ban you from having clothes hanging on your balcony, or being seen from the window.... trust me.... thats what is on our contract

Advertisement