Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVGA nForce 680i

Options
  • 17-08-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

I've got one of these bad boys and I've had no problems with it but I've noticed that one of the fans is really loud.

Just wondering has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

is this the small NB fan? yeah any fan that small running at that high of an rpm is going to eventually start making a lot of noise. Nothing you can do about except for replace the NB and SB cooling with something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sandwich117

You could get a water cooling kit. ...They're virtually noiseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

How hard would that be to do? I've just recently built my pc and I'm not exactly well practiced in the replacing of fans.

Should the fan be running at full whack all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

You could try some of the Thermalright or Noctua heatsinks for NB & SB,

LINK

Link2

Im currently installing two of them on the same motherboard, oh and you will need some TIM for re applying them i.e. AS5 or something similar

There simple enough to install with that motherboard, all that is holding them in place are plastic clips which easily pop out, then mount the new ones and with the supplied brackets, Voila!!!

The bottom fan on the mobo is I presume the SB heatsink so what would you recommend to use for it? The Thermalright would be okay for it then yes? Just wondering because of space problems like, as I plan on going SLI I don't want it to be too chunky.

Aswell as that I've got some Artic Silver something or other, but do I need a lot or will about just over half a 3.5g tube be enough to replace two fans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You could use the Zalman chipset coolers as well.

Isnt the fan on those eVGA boards removable (yes it appears so) you could just pull it, if not overclocking then it should be okay.

Oops sorry I left out the LT on the end of the mobo name. It's a EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI.

I presume since it's just a LT version of the same board it will still be easy to remove the bottom fan.

680i LT

If I do remove the bottom fan is it safe to go without replacing it? I've not overclocked but I have no problem with adding some form of heatsink as long as it would fit and wasn't noisy.

Advertisement