Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Killswitch Engage cover....Dio?!

• 17-08-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0_vLMrMy8

Saw this video on tv the other day and I couldn't believe it. It's a cover of 'Holy Diver' (a song I've loved since South Park took the piss out of Dio :D) and I really don't know what to make of it. I like the odd KSE song, although I thought the new album was pretty shoddy.

Pretty cheeky as well, the song is part of a 'special edition' of the same album that came out some 2 or 3 months ago.

Pretty funny video all the same though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This was posted here last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Heard the cover about 18 months ago, think its brillant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think KSE start goin downhill ever since Jesse(old vocalist) left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Heard this like 2 years ago, on some Kerrang! cd. Personally, ive never like KsE since the days they were kind of hardcore around 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

AlcoholicA wrote:
    I think KSE start goin downhill ever since Jesse(old vocalist) left.
    Funny that you'd say that, I find that the vast majority of my fave KSE songs are from the post-Jesse period. I just prefer how their sound has gotten bigger to match Jones' more powerful voice. Plus I much prefer Adam and Joel's guitar tone on the later albums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I Don't rate Howards vocals at all, I think Jesse is ten times the vocalist, check out some of his others projects, Seemless, One of You...etc, some completely different stuff, his range is mindblowing. and I think his screams had a lot more power and passion in them.

To me Howard just sounds the same all the time, Very predictable and his screams sound like they have little energy, and he uses the same melodies all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'll agree that Leach's voice is much rawer however I find it's more a matter of taste, I just prefer Jones'. That said, when comparing both by listening to Jones singing some of the older stuff its easily apparent that it suits his voice better. No more is this evident, in my opinion anyway, than with My Last Serenade, after hearing the song live I easily prefer Leach on vocals.

I actually have Seemless' self-titled album and I do like it alot, quite different to KsE but I really like Pete Cortese's guitar work on it.

Advertisement