Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake optics! BEWARE

Options
  • 17-08-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

There has been a recent influx of counterfeit optics reaching the U.S. market. Leupold seems to be the most prevalent of these fakes most likely due to their name recognition. Other known fakes include Aimpoint, EOTech, Millet, Trijicon and Swarovski.

eBay seems to be the largest source for these fakes. eBay has also been the source of scams that are now targeting hunters and shooters.......

Saw that up here :
    http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?fid=1&tid=7521

The original post linked to has links to some more information on it but I hadn't time to look at it. Not sure if it is just in the US or also this side of the water.
    Caveat emptor I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Leupold fakes in not a recent thing. Leupold even had a statement
    on their website going back a bit which said the fakes were mainly the Mark IV's
    and gave info on how to spot them.

Aimpoint fakes are all over ebay but thought these were deliberately fakes
    as in people that buy em are buying them cheaply as clones/replicas of the real thing for
    the likes of Airsoft or display.

~B

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Alot of us inc my self have bought off ebay or in the US so good to know how to spot them. luckily my very expensive Mark 4 dosn't fit any of those descriptions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Stay well clear of ebay if you want to buy optics online. There's loads and loads of low quality and fake crap floating around on that thing. If you want to buy high quality affordable stuff look at the few US online shops who will ship to Europe. They have the real thing ( Zeiss, Swarovski, Khales, Meopta, .... ) at prices that won't even buy you some average kit in the local gun dealers.

Advertisement