Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish shop down by the docks

Options
  • 17-08-2007 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when the fish comes in fresh. Is it Thursday morning or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The Galway Bay seafood place? Not too sure, but it comes in pretty often, they have a high turnover. You're pretty much guaranteed decent fish... from what i've heard anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I heard from somewhere though never buy fish on a Monday (which makes sense if you think about it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Cos fishermen don't fish on a Sunday? Hmm...they do...

I thought it was because fish shops don't usually open on a Sunday so fish on display might be left over from Saturday (if it's a dodgy fish shop).

Fletch123 wrote:
    I thought it was because fish shops don't usually open on a Sunday so fish on display might be left over from Saturday (if it's a dodgy fish shop).

No it's that the fish do sleep in on Sunday's so the fishermen won't catch much :D

• Advertisement

:)

Buy from a good fish shop & you won't have to worry

Forgot to mention Ernie's on Sea Road, seem's decent. Well, no dead bodies found yet fingers crossed :D

Just be prepared to talk, or bring ear plugs. If you catch Ernie himself he'll be talkin to ya for a while!

Ah Ernie is lovely, bless! Don't let ye be put off by the dead body, in all honesty Ali is a real gentlemen & it wasn't his fault what happened. I'm still going there!

Are there any other good fish shops around Galway? Has anyone gotten fish from the market on a Saturday before?

• Advertisement

I have, ya it's grand. Only problem is it's not there everyday but when I got it twas very fresh!

Ah Ernie is lovely, bless! Don't let ye be put off by the dead body, in all honesty Ali is a real gentlemen & it wasn't his fault what happened. I'm still going there!

Ah ya have to expect the jokes in fairness!

Christ though, how often does he clean out his freezers?! :eek:

They're not like regular freezers, anyway where the body was it would have been difficult to see it. He had cleared out the freezer but not moved that part.

Advertisement